hiding buttons (1 Viewer)

jeo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:24
I have a database where people are entering data into in constantly. Now I was told that someone else needs to go into the database and check integrity of data entered. There are a few buttons that I don’t want a “data verifiers” to click on, but “data entry folks” should be able to. Is there any way to may be password protect certain buttons and only be visible if a password is typed or something like that? I know how to password protect a form, but that’s not really exactly what I need and want to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

JordanR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:24
I can think of a couple ways to do it, but first is there any authentication going on when the users access your database?
If not, then you should be able to just go with an inputbox. If the value they put in matches the password perform the action requested.
Bear in mind, that by not doing some form of authentication, the only real way to do what you want will require your validators to input a password every single time they want to click that button.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
You could split the database and give your data verifiers a different front end that only has the options you want them to have.

jeo

Registered User.
Local time
I will try one and the othe and see which one works best for me!
Thank you very, very much for your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom