Solved highlight missing stock numbers (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:06
i have 2 tables one called stocklist and another called stocknumber of which the stocknumber table could vary with data

what i want to do is copy data into the table called stocknumber and then do a query that will tell me the stock numbers that are not in the table called stocklist but i am getting is wrong information it just shows me blanks for the 3 lines are are not in the stocklist i copied the 10 lines from stocklist to stocknumber and change 3 line items so i want to only see the 3 lines that i changed as they are not in the table called stocklist

thanks steve

1674548301773.png

1674548329772.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:06
Use the wizard?
I cannot remember the exact name of the query as on phone, non matching perhaps.

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Use the "Find Unmatched Query Wizard". Look at the results and you will see how to create your own unmatched queries.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:06
Showing us data is nice but since it is the query that isn't working, that would have been more useful.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:06
Why do you have 2 tables? The table StockNumber is repeats one of the fields in the other table.

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
there are 2500 products on an old database and each product has stockparts attached to it. the total number of stock parts is say 10000 . i have transfer say 100 products to a new database and 625 stockitems to fullfill the requirements for them products

if i need to use a new product on the new system that is in the old system i will look at the old system see what parts are required . copy them parts to the table stocknumber and run the query to tell me what parts are required that are not already on the new system

i have now managed to get it working with the help from everyone

steve

ebs17

Local time
Today, 12:06
If the contents of the old database are transferred to a new database anyway - why is there a separation at all? Take one (1!) database in which the same data is merged. Filtering and sorting helps if you have problems with the overview.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:06
Open your "unmatched" query in SQL view and post the string.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom