Hoined to find a programmer (1 Viewer)

mnk303

Local time
Today, 22:33
Hi Guys I joined your forum to find a programmer who woudl help me develope futher a Calibration database when I have many clients and need to add the clients instruments .

I have a basic programming skills am ok with IT but need to see if anyone is willing to work with em to develop this application further please, of course paid

Thank you

Martin

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:33
Welcome to the Forum, Martin. It would be very helpful for you to give some additional information about yourself and your project. For instance:
  1. Working Location - This Forum has members in many countries around the world. You need to seek out members that are closer to you unless the work can be done away from your site.
  2. Version(s) of MS Access/MS Office that are used - Each Version has its own special issues, and not all people have all versions available to them.
  3. Expected Length of Service - Some people may not desire a short opportunity, or conversely, may not have enough time for an extended one.
Of course issues like effective schedules and rates of pay will also need to be discussed, but the ones listed above are some things that you will need to think about.

-- Rookie

mnk303

Local time
Apologies please see below in red

Welcome to the Forum, Martin. It would be very helpful for you to give some additional information about yourself and your project. For instance:
  1. Working Location - This Forum has members in many countries around the world. You need to seek out members that are closer to you unless the work can be done away from your site.UK
  2. Version(s) of MS Access/MS Office that are used - Each Version has its own special issues, and not all people have all versions available to them. 2007 and 2010
  3. Expected Length of Service - Some people may not desire a short opportunity, or conversely, may not have enough time for an extended one. Initial development and growing as time goes on to full NW system
Of course issues like effective schedules and rates of pay will also need to be discussed, but the ones listed above are some things that you will need to think about.

PM me if you are intereted Thanks Martin
-- Rookie

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:33
Apologies please see below in red

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][B]Working Location[/B] - This Forum has members in many countries around the world. You need to seek out members that are closer to you unless the work can be done away from your site.[COLOR=red]UK[/COLOR]
[*][B]Version(s) of MS Access/MS Office that are used[/B] - Each Version has its own special issues, and not all people have all versions available to them. [COLOR=red]2007 and 2010[/COLOR]
[*][B]Expected Length of Service[/B] - Some people may not desire a short opportunity, or conversely, may not have enough time for an extended one. [COLOR=red]Initial development and growing as time goes on to full NW system[/COLOR]
[/LIST]

Thanks for updating the information. Unfortunately, I have at least two (if not three) strikes against me, and therefore would probably not be a good match.
  1. I am located on the East Coast of the USA (not too good if being at your site is required a significant part of the time).
  2. I currently only have Access 2003 and Access 2010 available (for a Migration Effort).
  3. I am currently involved in an ongoing project and may not have enough time available.
There are a number of excellent Forum assets that live in the UK, and perhaps one of them may be of service to you. In the mean time, while you await any replies, you can always use the Forum for its primary intent and solicit advice as to how you can do the work yourself. Advice can usually be found here for people who actively participate in the process and do not expect all their work to be done for them. Good luck with your project.

SofiaSs

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:33
To find a programmer you need to understand what type of programmer you are looking for
  • You can hire freelancers on resources like Upwork, Toptal, Fiverr, Freelancer
  • In-house developers: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, or Dice
  • Outsourcing companies: Clutch, GoodFirms, ITFirms

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:33
To find a programmer you need to understand what type of programmer you are looking for
  • You can hire freelancers on resources like Upwork, Toptal, Fiverr, Freelancer
  • In-house developers: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, or Dice
  • Outsourcing companies: Clutch, GoodFirms, ITFirms
@SofiaSs Welcome to AWF!

Just FYI, this is a very old thread (over 9 years old).

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, I think the job might well have finished by now. :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:33
Maybe not, if it was a government project. The change-orders alone are good for at least ten more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom