How as the forum helped you, and Who has influenced you the most! (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 01:53
Only a few, but I'll prefer the international ( global) language > music :D

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
rak said:

Just a couple eh....well I know of at least 3. :D

Yes, music is something I can't go without through my day. I have is set on the NPR station. It plays classical all day long with a news story here and there.

I love music that doesn't have any words in it while I'm coding. Be it classicial, techno, dance...what ever as long as it doesn't have words.

R

Rich

rak said:
But you listen to Zappa, I thought you liked music:confused: :p

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
Thank you Rak...for standing up for me. See there are some men around here who can stand up for us females..... :D
I've been known to stand up for females on numerous occassions:cool: :p

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:53
When I actually have an Access-related question, folks like Pat Hartman, KenHigg and even Rich have come to my rescue. Plenty of others who aren't 'Cooler regulars have also contributed to the endless toil of helping the clueless like me muddle through a problem.

I'd say the person who has had the most impact on me is TessB. She has greatly helped me take a step back from things and not be bothered by them. Increasingly, when someone irritates me or says something I think is completely and provably wrong, I am able to let it go instead of obsessing about it. Most of the ladies here have had a similar impact on me, but she stands out.

KenHigg

Local time
Yes dear, I meant it as a compliment :)

Hoot:

selenau837 said:
... we have quit a few of the same beliefs.

As a matter of fact Kraj pushed me off right and a little more towards center some and I think I have 'quit' some of my old 'beliefs'... (I'll leave it at that as I hope at least Greg knows what I mean...)

KenHigg

Local time
Speaking of help, when I first started posting here, Mile-0 amazed me with his coding... Guess he got burned out on the trivial nature of a lot of the Access type questions... :( :(

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Speaking of help, when I first started posting here, Mile-0 amazed me with his coding... Guess he got burned out on the trivial nature of a lot of the Access type questions... :( :(
He's moved on to higher things;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
selenau837 said:
I thought this would be a sweet thread that can't be hijacked or twisted into a political battleground.

I feel that I can get my point across without having to use a thesaurus, and trying to speak over peoples heads.

Are you referring to me?

Actually I don’t use a thesaurus, but I must admit that I rely heavily on spell check.

selenau837

Local time
jsanders said:
Are you referring to me?

Actually I don’t use a thesaurus, but I must admit that I rely heavily on spell check.

Perhaps, every time we've debated you have used rather large words, to try and appear more educated and intelligent than me.

Perhaps, I'm just reading you incorrectly, but that is what I am getting from you. There are others as well, but you stick out the most to me. Especially since that Dr's thread, you and I have not gotten along very well.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 00:53
selenau837 said:
Perhaps, every time we've debated you have used rather large words, to try and appear more educated and intelligent than me.
the word "appear" is the key here;)

Col

selenau837

Local time
Ok, well at least I can get it out now. I hate not getting along with people. That I just my nature. Even Rich and I have our tifts, and we are still forum buddies.

Josey, lets get it out now. I can take constructive criticism if you can. Lets get it all aired out and take care of now.

KenHigg

Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom