How fast are these forums compared to other forums? (1 Viewer)

How fast are these forums compared to other forums?

• Very fast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fast

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Above average

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Average

• Below average

• Slow

• Very slow

• Total voters

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:45
I want to get a feel for the perceived speed of these forums, relative to other forums. That includes our competitors! Be 100% honest in your polling please.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:45
I didn't vote because I want to think about it - but I would certainly place it above the "Average" spot. Just not sure where yet.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Excellent question - this new site is pretty fast for me.. I actually have a chrome plug in which I use to measure all web applications that I build and it just measures every page time I go to.

Load Time Plugin Chrome

And for me on the desktop (I can't measure on my mobile) I'm getting load times in the 0.5 to 1 second

1580138482004.png

This was getting into this thread....

That is fast - 2 years ago that would have been very fast but most sites are getting faster. For me 0.6 is just a touch off very vast there is quite a bit of difference between 0.6 and 1 second for me. I am on a hard cable however on a corporate network.

Slightly tricky saying what average is but I would certainly say that I'm not really happy with anything that takes longer than 2 seconds. In that respect 0.6 is very good.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Just went to Utter Access its consistently reading in the 2.5 second mark however looks like it is asnychronous loading as first paint looks like it comes in around the 0.5-1 second mark and then it takes a while to load in adverts etc... leading to the final time in the mid 2-3 second mark.

Just out of interest the following site can be very fast for me.
Lutra Consulting

That first access is still in the 1.2 second mark but after that I think they are doing something clever with caching and going between tabs I get sub 0.2s times.

That is among the fastest I have ever seen but its fairly simple content.

I look forward to the time when all websites load in 0.1 seconds!!!

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:45
I want to get a feel for the perceived speed of these forums, relative to other forums.
The old AWF forums were very slow for me. A major factor slowing the old site down were the adverts. - It might be premature to compare performance now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The ads are coming. But now, the ads should be asyncronous which helps with page load speed. There is also something new called Lazy Loading, which I will test. It only loads the ads after the page has already loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom