How many tables to use...structure (1 Viewer)

headlock

Local time
Today, 09:34
Hi there, have searched the forums and got some ideas but am totally new at this. I have built a database but it's not doing what I need because I'm not sure what structure, how many tables to use. I'll tell you what I need a database for. Hopefully you'll have some suggestions (I know you will) to get me straight. This is pretty simple compared to the complicated stuff I see on the forums. I have a club of young children. Ages range in from SK to Gd 8. Each child needs contact info obviously in order for emergency weather call list, mailing labels etc. to be made. Here's my problem. Some children belong to same family with different last name. Do I put siblings in same table? Different table for sibling1, sibling2 etc.? How do I create a form to input these into the same family. I also need to be able to pull up reports for the children in each separate club. ie. Sparks, T&T and Trek. T&T has girls 3&4, girls 5&6 and boys 3&4, boys 5&6. Hope I've outlined this ok. Happy to answer any questions. Any suggestions you can give me to get me going would be great and much appreciated. Thanks for your time. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom