How to assign jobs from 'staff-tbl' and 'job-tbl'. (1 Viewer)

captgnvr

EAGER LEARNER
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:21
D/Sirs

Thanks to overwhelming guidance from this forum, successfully completed staff table with products table, the required queries and reports.

Now I have one table with staff details called 'staff-tbl' and another table 'job-tbl'.

The jobs are for various emergencies and to designate a staff for same.

For example, the 'job-tbl' will contain say coulmns like 'abandon', 'gas_release', 'fire' and so on. All these emergencies will be assigned to a particular staff based on his rank.

From the guidance I got for my previous staff n products, can I do same by making one more table with staff name-code and job-code.

Or is there a better way of doing this?

brgds/captgnvr

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:51
Captgnvr,

The correct answer to your question will depend on whether there can be more than one staff assigned to any given job/emergency.

captgnvr

EAGER LEARNER
Local time
D/Steve

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

The way I have made the table is with fields like pk, abandon, fire, gas.

Under these are various jobs for each emergencies which will be alloted to staff with all his duties for emergency based on their rank but can be assigned based on their names.

I must make a form to see all these emergencies and also to have a combo box with name and rank to assign the job-code with all the duties for various emergencies.

Hope I have expressed the requirement.

As of now, I got all the jobs typed and tabled as job_tbl with pk. Trying to figure out how to assign the names.

So if Mr. Smith is given a pk

captgnvr

EAGER LEARNER
Local time
D/Sirs

Actually the main hassle is asf:

aa) In the products-table there is only one field to see and select.

bb) In this job-table I have to see all the columns with duties of all emergencies and then assign the name.

cc) So can make a link to job-id and to show all the jobs.

dd) Once I am satis, then to go to the combo box and select the name to assign.

This will be the most ideal as of now.

brgds/captgnvr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom