How to Change the Colour of the Active Window (1 Viewer)

Jim54

Local time
Today, 13:36
Greetings,
I wrote a simple Access database for a friend, using the tools and wizards that removed the need for any Visual Basic or cleverness on my part. Simple but safe!
However, now he has asked if it is possible to change the colour of the active window. he wants to be able to stop it changing colour when active, and remain white.
I've Googled this, and believe it is possible, but the only suggestions on *how* to do it have involved snippets of VB, and I don't know how to insert them, or where to insert them.

Can someone please lead me gently by the hand through this, with words of one syllable or less....or point me at a document that may make snippets of VB understandable.

Thanks
Jim

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:36
Hi Jim. When you said change the color, do you mean continuously? Otherwise, what do you mean by stopping it?

Jim54

Local time
At the moment, the database (which records the history of some Lancaster squadrons 1939-45) has a screen that looks like this:

1606921291348.png

You can see the active field is highlighted in a dark green colour; He would like the active field to be highlighted in a paler colour, like pale yellow, or not even highlighted at all, so when he goes to the active window, its visibility is better, and screen prints are more readable.

Thanks

Jim

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Jim. Are you using a Theme? When I go to my form, I don't get that green highlight. If you're using code to produce the highlight, then try adjusting your code.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:36
I am totally confused. You do not want it to do something that you told it to do, or am I misreading it. Fields do not turn green on their own AFAIK. The active field is green because you applied conditional formatting to it. If you do not want that, then undo what you did. Remove the conditional formatting from all controls.

Jim54

Local time
I didn't apply any theme when I created the DB, but the wizards that I used may have. I'll see if I can backtrack the steps....

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I didn't apply any theme when I created the DB, but the wizards that I used may have. I'll see if I can backtrack the steps....
Good luck. You can also post a sample db, so we can help you trace it.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
that's the problem with wizards - doesn't help with learning what is actually happening. :geek:

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:36
I am expecting this is what is applied
Focus.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom