How to make objects groups (1 Viewer)

VBANewBie :)

Local time
Today, 22:00
Hi guys , Let’s say i have a 100 command buttons and images in an access form i need to deal with them as groups for example in English : Group1 includes commandbutton1 To Commandbutton10 and Image1 To Image10

Code:
me.group1.visible = false

The result would be hide buttons from 1 To 10 and hide images from 1 to 10
I need to declare the groups names and each group includes which command buttons and images then deal with them as i mentioned above how can i do that ? thanks in advance.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:00
You could use the Tag property to group them?

Local time
You could use the Tag property to group them?
Thanks for reply , I don’t want to use that because my design have a side menus so i need to keep the design as it is , i need a flexible way to deal with them.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:00
Thanks for reply , I don’t want to use that because my design have a side menus so i need to keep the design as it is , i need a flexible way to deal with them.
I have no clue as to why a Tag property would affect whatever that is meant to be, so hopefully someone will offer something else.?

Local time
I have no clue as to why a Tag property would affect whatever that is meant to be, so hopefully someone will offer something else.?
Sorry i got your reply wrong i thought you meant tap groups, You are right the tag property could be the way but i haven’t used it before

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:00
The tag property is probably the way to go. In fact you can have objects that can belong to more than one group if needed. You just use InStr() instead of = when you test the tag property.

Code:
If InStr(1, ctl.Tag, "Group1") Then . . .

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
In conjunction with the Tag property you can also put them into collections. Make them form level variables.

private group1 as new collection
private group2 as new collection
private groupN as new collection

Then in the on load event you can loop all the controls and put them in the individual group collections. Then from that point on you can call code to loop by group instead to looping all the controls and checking the tag. This may simplify some of the coding.

Local time
In conjunction with the Tag property you can also put them into collections. Make them form level variables.

private group1 as new collection
private group2 as new collection
private groupN as new collection

Then in the on load event you can loop all the controls and put them in the individual group collections. Then from that point on you can call code to loop by group instead to looping all the controls and checking the tag. This may simplify some of the coding.
Thanks good idea

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Of course, normalizing the table would probably be the best solution.

Another band-aid for a poor design is to use boxes that are the same color as the background. Then you can move them from front to back and vice versa to hide/show the controls beneath them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom