how to run an append query automatically (1 Viewer)

mana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
hello

i have an append query and i want to run it automatically
do you know how i can run an append query automatically through a macro?
thank you

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:57
First, nothing is automatic. Not even a car's engine. While you may not shift the gears, some action is causing the transmission to do it.

So, what would you like to trigger this APPEND query?

Second, 95% of the APPEND query questions on this forum are not the real issue the person is having. The real issue turns out to be an improperly structured database. So, can you explain why you need to APPEND data? And why it has to be "automatic"? Is the valuue some sort of total of other data?

mana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
i want to insert data from a query to a table when a button is clicked. so because of that i need that this append query run automatically

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:57
Guess you totally missed the automatic speech I gave. Also, missed me asking why this must be an APPEND query.

To accomplish what you want, you wouldn't use a macro, you would use VBA and attach a DoCmd.OpenQuery (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff192746.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396) action to the OnClick event of the button.

Again, I still think this is still just a symptom of a bad table structure. Can you explain why you need to run this APPEND?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom