Hyperlinks :-( (1 Viewer)

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:26
Hi all

I've created 2 new forms both based on fields from tblCustomer. The first form is used for creating new customers (frmAddNewCust) and the second one for viewing with very few fields (frmViewCustomer) which uses tab control.

An email address field exists on both forms (same field from the same table), however, on frmAddNewCust, the hyperlink works fine, but on frmViewCustomer it doesn't

The table setting is showing as 'Hyperlink' and the setting on both forms are 'Is hyperlink = Yes' and 'Always show'

The odd thing is, If on frmViewCustomer, I go to 'Add existing field' and add the email field again, although I now have the email field showing twice on the same form, the 2nd one that I've just added works fine, however, the first one doesn't. So I removed the first one and now the second one I added doesn't work.... I'm stumped!

Any ideas?

Cheers :):)

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
When using Hyperlink fields to send emails you have to add a defualt to the field to MailTo: then you would add your email address in the form, but ensuring you don't remove the MailTo: so you end up with:

MailTo:Trevor@home.com or something like this, if you have removed the MailTo: it looks to search for web pages.... so as described here it would look like this:

www.trevor@home.com which will search for websites

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry for the late reply,
That makes sense now, i've set it to followhyperlink on click but adding the 'mailto' bit first
Works perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom