I am trying to split my database an error appears "|9 was unable to export the data.". (1 Viewer)

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:32
I want to share my database with someone to work together. But when I am trying to split my database an error appears "|9 was unable to export the data."

Please guide me on how to split my database in this case.

1637309076934.png

Thank you!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:32
do you have code in your db?
you add:

Option explicit

to your code and recompile your db.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:32
as a guess perhaps the name of the BE is invalid - already exists or contains illegal characters. Or you don't have the appropriate rights to create the file

Have you compacted the db and taken a backup before trying to split?

To do it manually is not difficult. You can either

1. create a new blank db as a BE then import the the data
2. or copy the FE file, renaming the copy as your BE, open the copy and delete everything other than tables

then in the FE, delete the the tables then use the import wizard to create all the linked tables

Either way recommend compacting and taking a backup before starting

Edit - although should not impact creating a BE, Arnel's suggestion is a good one to follow regardless

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
have you tried the suggestions in post#3

Local time
as a guess perhaps the name of the BE is invalid - already exists or contains illegal characters. Or you don't have the appropriate rights to create the file

Have you compacted the db and taken a backup before trying to split?

To do it manually is not difficult. You can either

1. create a new blank db as a BE then import the the data
2. or copy the FE file, renaming the copy as your BE, open the copy and delete everything other than tables

then in the FE, delete the the tables then use the import wizard to create all the linked tables

Either way recommend compacting and taking a backup before starting

Edit - although should not impact creating a BE, Arnel's suggestion is a good one to follow regardless
Dear, I've created a blank database and imported all the tables into it using link option.
Please tell me what to do now?
1637315513930.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
no - import the objects to a new db which will be your BE - you've linked them

then go to the FE, delete the tables and then create linked tables to the new BE

Edit: note you do not need to import the MsysCompactError and Paste Errors tables, but they should be opened in the FE and investigate the reasons for the errors

Local time
no - import the objects to a new db which will be your BE - you've linked them

then go to the FE, delete the tables and then create linked tables to the new BE

Edit: note you do not need to import the MsysCompactError and Paste Errors tables, but they should be opened in the FE and investigate the reasons for the errors
1st Error

1637316292897.png

After Pressing ok
2nd Error
1637316323687.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
did you compact repair before starting?

If so, first error implies there is something wrong with the table.
2nd error implies much the same - the error message is pointing you to what to look at

what version of access are you using? if the original db is a different version it may be that you are using datatypes incompatible with the current version - or perhaps you have field names which are access reserved words (such as date, name, desc, description)

Edit - I don't see 'experimental_table' in your previous post

Local time
did you compact repair before starting?

If so, first error implies there is something wrong with the table.
2nd error implies much the same - the error message is pointing you to what to look at

what version of access are you using? if the original db is a different version it may be that you are using datatypes incompatible with the current version - or perhaps you have field names which are access reserved words (such as date, name, desc, description)

Edit - I don't see 'experimental_table' in your previous post
I've deleted experimental_table because it was useless now.

I've tried something different.

1. Copied my original access file named BTIEmployee and BTIEmployeebe

2. I opened BTIEmployeebe and delete all the forms, reports and queries, etc.
1637329891699.png

3. I opened BTIEmployee and delete all tables and import all the tables from BTIEmployeebe using the linked option.
1637329838810.png

4. Made ACCDE file of BTIEmployee.

5. Placed ACCDE file and BTIEmployeebe file to the shared folder.

My database is opening on another computer but it's read-only.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
yes that was the second way I suggested

re the other computer - the FE file needs to be in a trusted location

Local time
yes that was the second way I suggested

re the other computer - the FE file needs to be in a trusted location
My colleague has gone home. He will come tomorrow so I will try again. I want to share this database on his computer. Can you please guide what to do now?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
copy the FE to the other computer
Assuming you have the same paths to the back end (better to UNC) there will be no need to relink
then open access (does not have to be the FE) and go to File>Options>Trust Centre

Then click on the trust centre settings button and choose Trusted Locations
The Allow trusted location on my network will need to be ticked if the BE is on a server
Finally click add and select the folder where the BE is located

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:32
While I have no idea what is going on, the presence of "|9" indicates that the problem is in the 9th thing you tried to export during the split. Do you have as many as 9 tables? (Including any that you expressly have marked as "hidden.")

Local time
While I have no idea what is going on, the presence of "|9" indicates that the problem is in the 9th thing you tried to export during the split. Do you have as many as 9 tables? (Including any that you expressly have marked as "hidden.")
Hi, Thank you for your response.
I've deleted 1 unnecessary table and now I have 8 tables. But still, |9 error is appearing.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:32
... the presence of "|9" indicates that the problem is in the 9th thing ...
I'm afraid this is incorrect.
The "|9" error message placeholder will be replaced with the Application Title property as specified in "Access Options" - "Current Database" or with the term "Microsoft Access" if no application title was specified.
Only the placeholders "|", "|1", and "|2" may refer to input arguments to the failed operation. I'm not aware of any case where you can infer a relation between the argument position and the placeholder number.

The above statements are based on the error messages built-in to MsAccess.exe or one of it's resource files, but I don't think that Microsoft will deviate from this convention in external add-ins, such as the Split Database Wizard.

Local time
I'm afraid this is incorrect.
The "|9" error message placeholder will be replaced with the Application Title property as specified in "Access Options" - "Current Database" or with the term "Microsoft Access" if no application title was specified.
Only the placeholders "|", "|1", and "|2" may refer to input arguments to the failed operation. I'm not aware of any case where you can infer a relation between the argument position and the placeholder number.

The above statements are based on the error messages built-in to MsAccess.exe or one of it's resource files, but I don't think that Microsoft will deviate from this convention in external add-ins, such as the Split Database Wizard.
Can you guide how to remove this error?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:32
My response was based on experience where the number after the "|" was related to the position of fields in failing queries. Experience, not conjecture. However, I will concede that the "|9" might have referred to the 9th FIELD in a table that was being copied, rather than the 9th table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom