I can't write SQL Statements. (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:22
Some don't have gears at all...

That's also true. I drove a CVT on a rental car many years ago and wasn't impressed, but I'm sure they've come a long way.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:22
They take a bit of getting used to, unless you're the type of person who, even with perfect hearing, the windows open and no radio on, couldn't hear your own car backfiring.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:22
I promise it's my last off topic. sorry,

I'm a great believer in going off Topic, unless of course it's something serious.

I love the idea and the look of Tesla's, and I really like the look of the cyber-truck. However this thread made me realise that electric cars do not have Gear shifts. So then that reminded me I read somewhere that in the future, (and a few companies are already doing it) a good business would be had doing mods on Tesla's and the like. So I wonder if you could add a stick shift emulator to a Tesla? You'd also need to emulate a clutch pedal... I reckon you'd have to downgrade its acceleration and program in the sense of a power band.

deletedT

Local time
They take a bit of getting used to, unless you're the type of person who, even with perfect hearing, the windows open and no radio on, couldn't hear your own car backfiring.
It seems I'm not good at keeping my promise and stay on topic. And now I have @Uncle Gizmo’s permission to go more off topic.

We had several car accidents here, and it came out that a walking person, couldn't hear a car approaching (an electric car) from rear and avoid the accident.
So new models of electric cars here make unwanted noise. Not from the engine. But they have a speaker to create engine noise as an alarm for others in narrow streets.
Being silent and noiseless seems not to be perfect.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:22
So new models of electric cars here make noise
I don't know for sure, but I don't think that's just in Japan. I have seen stories on the news before about the stealth of electric cars and the manufacturing experiments as to what sort of sound they should have. I say why not make them sound like this (you'll hear the sound I mean at around 6, 20 and 30 second marks)...

deletedT

Local time
You Need This:-

I even don't know what do you call that in English. Horn? Honk? whatever. In Japan, It's not allowed to honk(if this kind of use is correct) except in very very emergency cases you have to send a "take care" to another driver. It's neither polite nor correct (as I said except emergency cases).
It's very rare to hear that sound. You may drive for days and months and never hear that sound.
So if someone did something like that here, the possibility of being arrested is high enough to make him change his mind and do some other pranks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom