I FORGOTE MY ACCESS BACKEND PASSWORD (1 Viewer)

adewale4favour

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
Please who can help me with a means of retrieving my access BE password. I will appreciate any support

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:40
it's not possible by interrogating the file itself (otherwise what would be the point?). But can be done if you have a front end that is linked to the backend. Open msysObjects table in the front end file and look in the connections column.

adewale4favour

Registered User.
Local time
it's not possible by interrogating the file itself (otherwise what would be the point?). But can be done if you have a front end that is linked to the backend. Open msysObjects table in the front end file and look in the connections column.
Men.... I cannot sufficiently thank you. I love this forum...........:):):):):):):):):):):):)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:40
Don't waste money buying password recovery software for ACCDB files.
ACCDB passwords use 128-bit encryption
Recovery is done by brute force attack and if the password is reasonably strong, recovery could take millions of years

PasswordBruteForceCrackingTimes.PNG

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:40
Please who can help me with a means of retrieving my access BE password. I will appreciate any support

@adewale4favour - You already got your answer, so that's great AND CJ stayed within legal guidelines. However, this note is for OTHERS who might refer to this thread.

If you ask us to help you break into a back-end file, remember that we have no way of knowing whether you in fact own the DB you were talking about. You can say you do. You can say anything you want about owning it, but we can't verify anything you say.

Aside from the ethical considerations, assisting you in breaking into a DB you DON'T own is a medium-level crime in most jurisdictions - a form of theft, as an accomplice to the act of stealing someone else's intellectual property. In the USA, it is both a state-level felony (meaning we have 50 different sets of laws for in-state operations) plus it can become a federal felony if you cross state lines during this putative break-in. Therefore, don't be surprised if you don't get much help for your problem.

In this case, adewale4favour got help because he still had something in his possession that allowed him to link back to the back-end. His password wasn't lost, just obscured. Don't look to us for help in cracking a truly lost password, though, because most of us won't do it - and the ones who do offer help really shouldn't.

adewale4favour

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks The_Doc_Man. I really appreciate your thoughts here. The password wasn't really lost. Recently I had so many projects in my hands and each of these Projects (Developments) actually require one-level of security set up to the other, some hashing password and de-hashing, bar-codes and many other all from JS. Sometimes I get exhausted and even had to sleep while sitting. This has been the case for weeks.

Just after one of those hectic moment, I doze off while sitting. When I woke up, I needed to work one of those BE and lo and behold, I couldn't recollect the password. Tried for few minutes, in confused state, left all the projects and went off for few hours, came back still missed the spellings.

Now, of cause I could login from the FE with my credentials, and had set up several entry-point for myself as the Administrator.

This actually made it easy for me when CJ gave an insight.

I appreciate all, it's good you made those clarification to anyone who might refer to this post.

Consider yourself spending 600million years if you want to break into BE you never owned

Regards
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom