I need some assistance for pay (small updates) (1 Viewer)

accessuser1023

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:20
hi all,

Sorry to post this here. I know it isn't quite fair. I am unfortunately a little over-extended on my projects due to scope creep issues that were forced and I'm wondering if there is anyone here I can farm out small updates to and pay them for it? If this can belong in another forum just let me know. If it doesn't belong here at all, let me know as well. Thanks guys.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:20
I would suggest guru.com. You have to join to post projects but I don't think there is any cost. You should use the escrow service since that protects both parties to the transaction. You will get a lot of low-ball bids from people who can afford to work for $3 per hour but before you contract with any off-shore resource, make absolutely sure their English is good enough to understand your requirements. I would also test them on their knowledge of Access. Most will say they know "Access" when in fact, they've never used Access but only used Jet so they think that qualifies.

accessuser1023

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:20
I would suggest guru.com. You have to join to post projects but I don't think there is any cost. You should use the escrow service since that protects both parties to the transaction. You will get a lot of low-ball bids from people who can afford to work for $3 per hour but before you contract with any off-shore resource, make absolutely sure their English is good enough to understand your requirements. I would also test them on their knowledge of Access. Most will say they know "Access" when in fact, they've never used Access but only used Jet so they think that qualifies.

Yeah well, software is software Pat. It's the same regardless of what it is. Is that not the case? Heck I promise people I can do things all the time with any given platform only because I know it's possible and that the platform has the resources to do it. I worry about the details later. :p

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:20
I doubt you would tell someone you could build an app with Oracle forms just because you once linked to an Oracle database from ASP. It's your nickel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom