I read it again. (1 Viewer)

GaP42

Local time
Today, 21:21
And about the security of US elections:
Trump-loving Dilbert creator schooled by Republican official on election security (msn.com)
which included:
the vast, vast majority of U.S. jurisdictions (93%) use paper ballots," he explained. "This can put to rest any allegation of hacking. This can put to rest any allegation of "vote switching." This means there is an auditable paper trail that can be tested after the election."

In fact, when the Trump-backed firm Cyber Ninjas conducting its own "audit" of the 2020 election and confirmed that President Joe Biden did receive more votes than the former president, its workers did a hand recount of all Arizona ballots cast during the election.

Additionally, Richer noted to Adams that Trump and his campaign had the power to challenge the election results in court and their efforts were shot down repeatedly.

"I'm sure you're aware that were many, many legal challenges to the November 2020 election -- close to 100 by my last count," he wrote. "Many of these afforded evidentiary hearings. For a summary, see this report: https://lostnotstolen.org. For anyone claiming significant error or fraud in the 2020 election, that person would have to explain why the courts got it wrong, every single time. Or why plaintiffs consistently demurred when asked for evidence in court."

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:21
In person voting is far better controlled than mail in ballots but it is still not secure. Depending on the local conditions, tampering may be possible.

When we don't know how many ballots were sent out, we don't know how many ballots should be returned.

When we accept ballots for days/weeks after an election, the ballots are probably being manufactured. No ballot that arrives After the polls close on election day should be counted. You might make an exception for mail in ballots that come through the US mail and have a postmark prior to Election day but they would still need to be received within 2 days of the polls closing and there should be very few of them.

When the ballots are not serialized, there is no way to prevent them from being copied and so one ballot may be scanned multiple times.

There are lots of loose ends and the procedures are not sufficiently rigid so as to prevent bogus ballots from entering the stream.

When voting sites are allowed to destroy envelopes, there is no way to confirm the count. There should be an envelop for every ballot.

Voting machines should be secured as soon as the polls close so that nothing on them can be changed in case an audit is necessary.

There are many things we could do to ensure integrity but we willfully choose not to. This is a bipartisan problem. Apparently both sides want the loopholes should they need to use them. I don't believe the Republicans are above cheating. I just think it was the Dems who cheated in 2020 and my primary belief is based on the fact that 6 locations stopped counting before 10 PM on election day. This is unheard of. There is no explanation for it. There is a silly excuse about a water leak but that is made up and it didn't affect the other locations. Trump has a substantial lead. We go home, go to bed, and in the morning, even though no counting happened over night, Trump is suddenly losing ground. Hmmmm. Magic I guess. My second reason for believing that there was cheating was the way the Dems refused to allow forensic audits until they had time to mess with the ballots and the tabulating machines because the judge refused to secure them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom