I think I've found a Video of Adam doing his "Day Job" (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54

The man behind the camera is so overboard with the task of identifying and berating people that leave trolleys in the wrong place. But he just can't leave things alone, can't take the hint to shove off off and let it go. This just reminded me of Adam!

Mind you I do recall many years ago the chap in front of me walked out of the supermarket and left his trolley blocking the the bagging area. I took it, and my trolley to the trolley park. I noticed the chap in his car. I went up to him and I said you left something at the counter... He said what? I said I don't know, but they asked me to tell you that you left something at the counter... So he went back into find out. I felt quite a bit of satisfaction!

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:54
That's funny!

However, my son worked over the summer (last year) at a local grocery store. My eyes were really opened to the fact that a great percentage of the entire "need" / work-content, for youth at that business, was precisely cart returns (trolley). In other words, if everyone did a perfect job of returning their carts to the best location, quite a few less young folks would be finding a job at that supermarket! Literally - they wouldn't have hired my son.

The same is true for Walmart and the bigger stores. If everyone returned carts perfectly at the local Walmart, it would probably put 20 people out of a job. I frankly return mine sometimes, and not other times; I know somebody is getting an 8 hour shift out of it.

BUT (!!) I never do anything that blocks someone's car, blocks a space, or causes any other perturbation of any kind. :)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 04:54
Do they really have trollies in supermarkets in GB? ;)
How much does it cost to ride? I hope it stops at the cookie isle.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 03:54
only from Tony. get a life, man. this will be my only post in this hell hole of a thread. ;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
Our trolleys have a coin slot. You recover your money when you return the trolley.

neuroman9999

Local time
oh, and by the way Tony, I'm currently looking into reverting to blue collar work because technology work is so stupid and pointless nowadays, it's literally wasting my time. so, that COULD be my day job at some point! although the person's intelligence would be more in line with yours. sorry to say. :(

the elitist arguments that go on in the tech world are so stupid, it's literally not even worth the effort anymore. If I do ditch the work permanently, I will always do it, but only to help out the poor. the rich have nothing of any value to say anymore. they're completely lost and drunk with power.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:54
oh, and by the way Tony, I'm currently looking into reverting to blue collar work because technology work is so stupid and pointless nowadays, it's literally wasting my time. so, that COULD be my day job at some point! although the person's intelligence would be more in line with yours. sorry to say. :(

the elitist arguments that go on in the tech world are so stupid, it's literally not even worth the effort anymore. If I do ditch the work permanently, I will always do it, but only to help out the poor. the rich have nothing of any value to say anymore. they're completely lost and drunk with power.
Those people in abject poverty who are always craving a free block of code. I know EXACTLY what you mean..

neuroman9999

Local time
Those people in abject poverty who are always craving a free block of code. I know EXACTLY what you mean..
What the hell does that mean? I assume that some ignorant Republican comment with someone who's obsessed with financial success? I've got so much God damn money I don't know what to do with it but how the hell would you know that? What makes you think I'm poor? Because I've mentioned it a couple of times and that the truly blessed people on Earth are the ones that are meek and spirit?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, your I.T.A.L.Y. comment was provoked, so I'll let that slide. However,...

although the person's intelligence would be more in line with yours. sorry to say

THAT is an unprovoked slam against Tony. That one earns you some time off. Maybe four days this time.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:54
Adam, your I.T.A.L.Y. comment was provoked,
It was which is why I did not respond - hell, I'm not even Italian OR living in Italy anymore so the barb missed its mark completely. Apologies for stooping to his level, it was before my 2nd cup of coffee...

neuroman9999

Local time
THAT is an unprovoked slam against Tony. That one earns you some time off. Maybe four days this time.
ignore my PM then. now I get why you sent me away. :rolleyes: couldn't find it, but I did look around here during the ban to see what I missed. I recorded the new posts, and now I'm getting back to you all. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
... and bothered by a rapscallion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom