Ideas on Double approval process (1 Viewer)

joeserrone

The cat of the cul-de-sac
Local time
Today, 08:49
Hello Everyone,
I would like your opinion on a project I am working on. I have a table that contains sensitive information and we want to have 2 people basically sign off on any Modifications, additions, deletions etc...
My database has a sign in system where I am able to retrieve who signs in. How can I construct a form where a user will be displayed the form containing the information located in the table and for any modifications, deletion or addition place them on hold until someone else doesn't sign in and approve the request?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:49
Will there be possibly 3 people involved; the one that made the change and two people to approve the change?

joeserrone

The cat of the cul-de-sac
Local time
Today, 08:49
Just 2, the person that initiates the change and the person that then approves the request

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:49
I'm going to recommend an audit trail for this table so that you can track and possible undo and changes. I would also recommend another table for pending changes with a field for who made the change so that you can insist someone else make the approval. Assuming an AutoNumber PrimaryKey on the 1st table it should be easy to create a query that joins the two tables with a left join. Then if the change table is not null, you need a 2nd approval before any changes are allowed to the 1st table. At least that is the start of a scheme. It might have flaws which would be uncovered as you start implementing the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom