If you could visit one place ... (2 Viewers)

ChipperT

Banned in 13 Countries
Local time
Today, 01:47
Ha! I think its funny that though you say "North America" all the places you listed are in the USA..... So you have effectively left out Canada, unless you visit the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.... :D

and YOU left out Mexico. :D

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 03:47
Lol I dunno, never been there :D

Also.... I was curious if I was leaving out Mexico from the Northa American continent thing and I was... Mexico too is part of North America.... So there are all kinds of places to visit there too! :)

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:47
Ari Atoll, Maldives

google it, then you will see why. (or if any of you have Vista and have seen the "dock" background, then you'll know why.)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I've always wanted to go to that place where they get greeted by topless locals in "Mutiny on the Bounty"

If the immigration control desk still does it now, let me know.

My last experience at a foreign immigration desk, was in Singapore and his parting words were "F*ck Wayne Rooney"!

And I was concerned at the gum I had in my pocket.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Been a lot of places, seen a lot of thing. Still a lot to see and hard to decide on one place. Maybe Ireland, my ancestors from there.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:47
  • Antarctica
  • Egypt
The wife has no interest in going to either, so not likely to happen any time soon.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Drop us a line, if you make it down here, we are only five or six stops on the tram from the 'G :D

If it ever happens (which is very unlikely because I would only travel that far if I was able to travel in First Class) I will. My one and only real foreign travel (even though I've been to Canada) is to Palau and it was a trip I'd never want to repeat (at least in Coach). I can't stand being on a plane for that long. I think the 5½ hours to Hawaii is my limit.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:47
If it ever happens (which is very unlikely because I would only travel that far if I was able to travel in First Class) I will. My one and only real foreign travel (even though I've been to Canada) is to Palau and it was a trip I'd never want to repeat (at least in Coach). I can't stand being on a plane for that long. I think the 5½ hours to Hawaii is my limit.

I know exactly where you are coming from, long haul air travel in cattle class is no fun :( Although I've not done it myself I believe that the new Premium Economy that some airlines are offering is a good alternative, more space that Economy and not as expensive as Business class.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Today, 20:47
I know exactly where you are coming from, long haul air travel in cattle class is no fun :( Although I've not done it myself I believe that the new Premium Economy that some airlines are offering is a good alternative, more space that Economy and not as expensive as Business class.

No need for First Class in a lot of airlines now.
Business in Qantas and Air New Zealand = First Class in many others.

Premium Economy in Air New Zealand is half way to business class in comfort etc.

Anyone flown in the A380 and used the bar? Sauna?? :confused:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 09:47
I wouldn't, it's dirty, overcrowded and the natives are not friendly:eek:

It is over crowded, it is dirty (ish) and it is very expensive, but the natives are extremely friendly and it is a very pretty city, well worth a visit for about a week.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I consider London to be fast and vibrant and very busy. I didn't have a special problem with the state of the place either.

When I was down there it was full of people who weren't actually from there.

I love Edinburgh though so happy to stay here.

Possibly a parochial short sighted thing to say but I like my home town enough that when I have time off I've very happy to hang out in it.

Last edited:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It is over crowded, it is dirty (ish) and it is very expensive, but the natives are extremely friendly and it is a very pretty city, well worth a visit for about a week.
Provided to don't drive around the north circular or try and cross the road on a clearly marked pedestrian crossing or use the tube:mad:

ChipperT

Banned in 13 Countries
Local time
I loved London. Wish I could spend a month or two there. Although the "natives" were no where near as friendly as the Irish. Go figure...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Provided to don't drive around the north circular or try and cross the road on a clearly marked pedestrian crossing or use the tube:mad:

Noooo!!! The tube is the best part of any day in London! Fabulous place (for a people watcher). The scariest thing I ever seen though was an ambulance trying to get through Bishopsgate at 8:30am! It just wasn't happening.

I loved London. Wish I could spend a month or two there. Although the "natives" were no where near as friendly as the Irish. Go figure...

Ah, if you're talking natives, you can't beat the Irish for hospitality! They are truly the friendliest race on the planet (until they get over drunk, then they go all human :mad:)

Lensmeister

Registered User.
Local time
Snagov.

Home to the resting place of Prince Vlad in Romania.

Bet I'd get some pukka pictures here.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Anywhere but here .....
I fancied horse riding across italy - Vineyard to vineyard - there must be a decent one there somewher ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom