implementing SSL encryption on a domain (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 18:43
Unfortunately I am using goDaddy as a hosting company for someone's website, and they have proven themselves to me time and time again to be very imcompetent in their knowledge of what they claim to know how to do, and what they actually do. Not only that, but their step-by-step help articles on how to do various things, it looks like, have been written by very intelligent engineers that have a hard time explaining things in simple English. Unfortunately too, the articles I'm currently looking at are totally offbase and their directions can't even be followed because the options/buttons/links given in the instructions in a lot of places don't even exist. Can anyone point me to resources that I can use online that will help me finish the implementation of the SSL cert? I already purchased it, download both the CSR file and private key file, plus the zip archive of the cert itself (per the instructions), but to finish the entire process is a guessing game because GoDaddy's ambiguity begins at this point. So the guessing game for me has started. Can you guys give me some insight into the bare minimum process that's involved with getting SSL implemented on a domain? I tried this once before on the primary domain attached to the hosting plan and the SSL did work and was put in place fine, however the HTTP-to-HTTPS redirect XML code they gave me in their help article to put inside the web.config file (this is an IIS/windows SERVER) did not work. No redirect happened, even after waiting 2 days like I was told to do(which I don't think is even relevant). Anybody got expertise in this area? Any crumb would be fine....from the finickiness of IIS, to resources of getting correct redirect XML to you tube tutorial videos. I will start searching on my own but not sure what I'm looking for....(don't think this matters, but the encryption is sha2).

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 18:43
my harsh words here might have been a bit too much, but I would suggest to anyone reading this not to purchase a thing from GoDaddy if you're looking for a hosting company or want to buy a domain and start a business. There are many others. Some people I've known that have switched have gone to places like InMotion, SiteGround, etc.... I went to HostGater. This issue has been solved by switching hosting companies.

SarbjitGrewal

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:13
Exactly, Thanks for Sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom