Importing Table Limitations (1 Viewer)

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:14
I have a small database the I import a CSV file into a table.
Had a glitch today as folks were using it.
The admin clicked on the "Import" button which imports the CSV to the table.
When she did, it deleted all the data in the table. (Normally the code deletes the data, just prior to importing)

From what I can tell, everything should have worked fine but, would having others in the database at the same time the admin imports cause problems?

After the others were out of the database, she clicked the Import button again, and all is fine.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:14
Hi. How exactly are you importing the CSV file? Are you importing it into a linked table or a local table?

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
No exactly sure what you mean but the Excel table is in the same folder as the database.
When the Import button is clicked it runs a Saved Import and some code, to import into the table.
1586813036262.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
My bad, the table in the database is local.
Okay, if it's local then to answer your question earlier, it shouldn't matter if other users are also using the database at the same time. Unless, your database is not split. Is it, properly split?

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
I have not split it yet.
So once I split it, it will take care of the issue?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have not split it yet.
So once I split it, it will take care of the issue?
Okay, if you have multiple users using the database at the same time, then you should really consider splitting it. That would be the first step. Whether it will take care of your issue or not would be the next step. We can tackle it when you get there. Please remember, a properly split database means each user should have their own copy of the front end, all connected to the same back end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom