Input Data using Access 2007 Runtime (1 Viewer)

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:54
Hi
I have just created a Document Management System in 2007. I have split the DB and am trying to distribute the FE via the Package Solution system in 2007 (first time). The installation went well and all seems to work except for the the lack of a new record input field on most of the forms. ie the current records are displaying OK but there is no ability to insert new records. I imagine there is a setting that I have missed in my design that allows the data entry in the full version but not the runtime. Can anyone suggest where i have gone wrong please?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:54
If you can add records when opening the db in the full version, then the form settings are probably fine (it would be the Allow Additions property). Can you edit records in the runtime? It sounds more like a permissions problem to me.

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:54
Hi Pbaldy

Thanks for your reply. I found the problem. It was a sharing permissions setting on the server. Once I allowed edits the problem was fixed. Thanks again. I do have another issue with runtime but I will raise it as another thread after I have done some research on the forum first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom