Introduction (1 Viewer)

Paul Lemelin

Local time
Today, 00:34
Hello All,
I'm a QA Engineer (not software) for a manufacturing company, so I'm not a programmer but have done some coding - although very little. Most of my coding knowledge comes from a little bit of VB I learned over 20 years ago. What I've learned since then comes from the web. Also, 20+ years ago I cobbled together a web site for a former employer. That site employed ASP and some javascript and was used by everybody in the building pull up parametric data about our components. The web page ended up being taken over by our corporate parent fairly quickly, but it was nice knowing they found it worthwhile enough to pull it under their umbrella.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
Hello, Paul, and welcome to the forum.

I've had at least one similar experience. I was running an inventory of computer equipment for a U.S. Navy data center (essentially, a hosting center). It started out as Excel but the bosses wanted it in database format and the guy running the Excel had no clue about Access. So I took it over and got it running reasonably well. Sure enough, once I got it working, the Navy assigned one of their persons to take it over even though he had no systems administration experience, no large-scale programming experience, and no knowledge of relational databases beyond the likelihood that he could reliably spell "relational." I was sad for the project but went on to bigger and better things. Eventually, they found a new commercial product which was harder for the new guy to screw up. (Harder for him to get anything done, but by then that wasn't my problem.)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:34
Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom