Hello, I've just arrived here (1 Viewer)

Martin Snails

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:26
Greetings! I am Martin from Auckland, New Zealand. I have a business and a hobby, and they both have needed Access over the years. I started a cactus and succulent nursery 41 years ago and it is still my employment. And I started a hobby of collecting shells 59 years ago and it is still my hobby. I also like to do woodwork and to that end I have a small workshop in a 20 foot shipping container down the end of our fairly large garden in Auckland City (650 metres of boundary fence!). I also love listening to music while I work, mostly traditional country, Americana, alt.country. I still have records, but far more are CD's, and some is only digital now. My aim is to back away from the plant nursery work as I can and spend more time making wooden cabinets (with many small drawers) to house my shell collection which was largely neglected for decades while I made a living with plants. We (my wife and I) grow vegetables and fruit and all our own firewood comes from the garden too, I grew 50 puriri trees from seed and they now are sufficient for our firewood needs. I was struck down suddenly by Guillain-Barre Syndrome about 6 years ago and it has fair stuffed my legs so I stumble around like my legs are 100 years old but the upper body and brain aren't too bad.
I will mention my Access queries in the appropriate place, when I figure out this website a little more.

Attachments

• IMG_5996.JPG
    IMG_5996.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 60

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:26
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:26
Welcome to AWF - we have some Southern-Hemisphere users on here - they'll be along soon to say hello.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:26
Welcome Martin.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:26
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:26
Hello, Martin, and welcome to the forum. We have quite a few Aussies among our current membership, so you should feel right at home.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:26
Welcome Martin! I've been to Auckland a couple of times. I've got a daughter living in the Wellington area so we've been to NZ a number of times now.

Doc, watch out: Aussie <> Kiwi, and in my experience there is some head-butting between them. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom