Solved Is is Possible to Run Access Runtime With MS Access 365 (1 Viewer)

ADIGA88

Local time
Today, 11:44
Hi Guys,

I am not talking about the windows installer and click to run method of installing, I already installed both Office 365 and Access Runtime Environment my question is, is it possible to run the full version of Access while the Runtime is still Installed (because it's given me this message)?

1639496312322.png

The Reason:
I distribute my Access App through RDS on Windows Server, but on that server and for licensing reasons I had to install the Runtime but now I have a problem with debugging the error my users have, so I want to install the Full version for me to do troubleshooting and admin stuff while other users running the runtime.

P.S. Also, I am open to suggestions on how to manage bugs and admin tasks in this deployment environment.

Thanks,
Hisham

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:44
if you have full A365, then delete the runtime, and maybe you have to reinstall Office 365

Just change the file name to accdr instead of accdb to simulate the run time.

The run time won't show you the database window, so anything issued for use with the run time needs to be fully debugged.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:44
You cannot have the same version of the Runtime and Full Access installed. The name of the runtime is exactly the same name as the full version and it needs to be in the directory expected for its version.

You can have multiple versions of Access installed if you do it carefully and install them in version order. So install the oldest one first and the newer one second. I wouldn't try to mix bit-ness. That just adds another problem.

Are the users getting errors that you don't get on your PC? They might be caused by reference errors which are very difficult to diagnose. Try building a new database that opens a form to display all the references in a listbox. That should help you to diagnose that problem.

This db has several samples including one that puts references into a table. Press the button to update the references when you import the form to your own database. Add a menu item so you can run it using the Runtime version and see if that helps you resolve the problem.

Attachments

• UsefulCode_20211214b.zip
    76 KB · Views: 410

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:44
there can only exists 1, either runtime or full version.
create a VM and install the runtime there.

ADIGA88

Local time
Today, 11:44
Thanks, guys. I rolled back the app to my LAN now which has a full version of access, it seems I need to develop some tools to allow logging in the Runtime environment.

@Pat Hartman thanks for the example.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:44
You're welcome:) I had already fixed the reference problem I had before I built this form so I haven't actually tried it on a PC where I knew there was a missing reference. Let me know if it finds one for you please. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom