Is it possible to open a report with the Access main window hidden? (1 Viewer)

Cavman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:41
Hi,

I'm working on a database that produces employee contracts. To make it look as professional as possible I hide the Access main window when the splash screen loads using the ShowWindow function. The various forms to check and enter details all pop up without any problem, but when I get to the last stage where I use a report to produce the contract and then open it in PrintPreview mode, it won't display (unless I show the main window again :mad:, which looks very untidy!). Does anyone know if it's actually possible to display a report with the main Access window hidden?

Thanks,

Simon

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Does anyone know if it's actually possible to display a report with the main Access window hidden?
The simple answer is No, don't do it. You'll end up with more problems than you bargained. If you're using Access 2007 (and above) you can design the ribbon to make it look as professional as you wish.

Cavman

Registered User.
Local time
The ribbon isn't the problem - it's the huge expanse of empty main window that sits behind my nice neat report and hides all the other software our HR admin guys need to use at the same time! I guess I'm just going to have to open the main window at the end before I open the report. Very unsatisfactory! :(

Cavman

Registered User.
Local time
Is there an easy way to fit the main window to the same size as my report?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
There are APIs for doing that. I think it's SetWindowsPos and SetWindowsLong. You'll obviously need the associated Get APIs too. If you scour the net you'll find the APIs.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If your forms are showing when the access window is hidden, they will have their popup and modal properties set to true. You can do the same for reports.

Alternatively a report can be shown as a sub report on a main form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom