Is it unethical to eat your relatives? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:56
I just had a rather strange thought earlier. Since we all evolved from the primordial soup, we have common ancestry. So all animals are our relatives. Given that, should we really be eating them?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:56
If they didn't want to be eaten they shouldn't be so tasty! :devilish:

There's an annual bbq rib festival here every year. Saw a shirt that was a play on PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). The shirt said

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If they didn't want to be eaten they shouldn't be so tasty!
That made me laugh out loud! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
That common ancestry goes back to plants as well. They are merely more distant cousins. We can't avoid eating other products of the same primordial soup. So if we didn't eat plants and didn't eat animals, we wouldn't eat at all.

That said, I'm looking for some chianti and some fava beans. How do you like your liver?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:56
We are related to bacteria. Every time we wash our hands we kill billions of them. Antibiotics are a holocaust.
People of the Jain faith in India follow practices to avoid harming anything living things no matter how minor.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:56
Is it unethical to eat your relatives?
Is she a kissing cousin? Second cousin once removed. Maybe she a cousin by marriage, in that case the is a resounding yes.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:56
I just had a rather strange thought earlier. Since we all evolved from the primordial soup, we have common ancestry. So all animals are our relatives. Given that, should we really be eating them?
with all these messed up thoughts of your Jon, you remind me of this dude:

https://www.deepakchopra.com/

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Deepak loves a good word salad. He combines quantum physics terminology with eastern philosophy, to come up with a charlatans money machine. he won't fit through the eye of a needle at the pearly gates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom