Solved Is there a way to prepopulate a continuous subform? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:51
It's not an orphan table. It is a definition table. It contains the universe of records that are to be added. So the table would have two columns
ScoreTypeID
TypeDesc

Your query would only append the ScoreTypeID. The description would be shown on the form if you want it to be via a join to this table on the ID field. One additional advantage is if you need to add a 12th type. No code needs to change nor do any forms, queries, or reports. You just add type 12 with its description to this table.

Bloodlvst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
Just want to thank you all. While I didn't directly use any of your solutions, your advice pointed me in the right direction to develop exactly what I was looking for, so a big THANK YOU to all of you.

PS - If anyone is interested, I'm more than happy to post the solution :)

Cheers!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:51
Glad you got it sorted. Posting the solution could help someone searching later with a similar need.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 04:51
Just want to thank you all. While I didn't directly use any of your solutions, your advice pointed me in the right direction to develop exactly what I was looking for, so a big THANK YOU to all of you.

PS - If anyone is interested, I'm more than happy to post the solution :)
Please do. I might have a similar situation, with data entry users potentially benefiting from pre-populated subform records based on other criteria on the main form.

Bloodlvst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
Please do. I might have a similar situation, with data entry users potentially benefiting from pre-populated subform records based on other criteria on the main form.

Sure I'll try to post this sometime in the next few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom