issue with a template (1 Viewer)

journeyman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
Hello,

first of all, i really don't know if this is the right place to post this problem so if it isn't please excuse me!

as "newbie" in access I'm having some problems adapting a template i downloaded: i downloaded the issue template from database.about.com

In the fomr "issue details" there's a field "history". THis "field" contains the history of the comments.

These comments are displayed in the history field as follows:

[Version: 8/03/2012 13:50:34 ] comment

I want them to be displayed as follow:

8/03/2012 13:50:34 : comment

so I want to loose the "[]" and the word "version" but i cant find these settings anywhere...I'm really a newbie concerning access ...

can somebody help me please?

thx in advance

Marc (Sorry for my english....) :)

journeyman

Registered User.
Local time
nope, i called it a field but it's not a field from the table, i'm sorry for the mistake. History is a textbox on the form hitch has the lable history.

in the table there's a field comments witch is a memo field.

on the generation of the form, the textbox with the lable history is filled with all the comments that were given in the past. however, i cant find all the comments in the table issues and there's no link with another table :-(

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:08
If I understand you correctly what you are saying is that there is a text box on the form which is being filled with information, and you don't know where that information is coming from?

If that's the case, then is it possible you have a hidden table?

journeyman

Registered User.
Local time
Perhaps... i'm using a template so I cant tell you if I have a hidden table... i suppose so but how can i see if there are hidden tables? it almost must be since the db is storing the information somewhere... and I can't find it...

journeyman

Registered User.
Local time
ok, i managed to find out how to unhide items in a db. there are no hidden tables, only hidden system objects...

of anyone is searching how to hide and unhide tables. right click on the navigation pane and then go to navigationj options. there you can hinde and unhide tables and other things

journeyman

Registered User.
Local time
yep, done all of thaht and there are no hidden tables or any other objects...
strange thing... i really cant find how this template saves the history of the comments....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom