Label Printing From Within An Access 2003 Database (1 Viewer)

Acceesbility

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:21
Generally speaking (writing)

What is the best way to print to single / multiple address labels from an access 2003 database?

I can create a report which prints a full A4 Page of labels from a query created using a table check box field as the address source of contacts.

I would also like to print a single label directly from each individuals record report.

I'm unsure how to go about selecting a usable label from a partially used label sheet to print to.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

:)

Last edited:

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:21
I find it easier to copy the label data, then paste it into a single label in Word.
Word has the label templates,then I can paste it into a single label anywhere on the sheet.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:21
For Acc2003 this free video may help.

Acceesbility

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:21
Hi Ranman256, thanks for your suggestion.
It's not really what I was looking for. I have saved some templates in word like that though, but in this instance I'm looking to use Access 2003 as it's Access I want to learn, I'm using Access 2003 as that's what I have and for my purpose is fine. I'll need to look into the advantages / disadvances of the Access versions that followed after Access 2003.

jdraw
That's a great video, thanks. It is the method I currently use.
I created a query based on a qryTBLContacts check box criteria true for selected contacts to be printed to labels. It creates 13 pages of labels. As the video states, you can skip through each page to view them.

I wonder if there is a second option where I could print to a single label from an individual contact record, via a report. My issue is how to select particular label from an A4 sheet. Maybe I'd have to create a form representing a label or label sheet, but there would need to be some means to select any one of say 8 labels on a sheet of 8 labels (2x4). I looked into this away back but was unsuccessful, I think it might require code in some way. Not sure though.
Thanks

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom