Lcase and ucase (1 Viewer)

cayham86

Local time
Today, 07:29
What's the difference between lcase and ucase and how do I pick out lowercase codes from a column query.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 01:29
And people want to help. And others in the future may need help as well.

When you post the same thing all over the place you scatter focus of people trying to help you. A solution may have been posted in one of the other threads and you are wasting their time by having them answer a thread that has been answered in another place.. Further, when others google a similar question in the future they find multiple threads, some of them without a solution because it was answered somewhere else.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
how do I pick out lowercase codes from a column query.
already answered in the other thread - if you don't understand the answer, ask for clarification

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:29
i made a function (hasLowerCase) in Module1.
then i create a query (qryCodeWithLowerCase) to use this function.
run the Query. also view it in design view.

Attachments

• CheckForLowerCase.accdb
    392 KB · Views: 95

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:29
What's wrong I just need help

What's wrong? We are all volunteers here, spreading out our time to help as many as we can. When you cross-post (put the same question on multiple forums), you potentially waste our time if you get an answer from another source and don't mark the other questions as "solved." It dilutes our effectiveness because we in effect will re-invent the wheel for you.

Your impatience can be forgiven once or twice because you are new, but you should know that cross-posting is a type of insult for our senior members who try to help you and others. If you have a question, ask it. IF you choose to ask on other forums, it is considered best etiquette to provide a link to the cross-post. That way, we can check whether you got an answer already before we invest our time.

And finally, look at the bottom of this page. You would see a "similar threads" list in which you might get the answer you wanted or at least might get an idea of a better way to ask the question if you are uncertain.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
One of those threads is from the OP and marked Solved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom