lending library alterations mutli checkout (1 Viewer)

570rm47

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
Hey all I have altered the lending library database to manage our inventory of traffic signs and cones. I have bar-codes on everything and have a bar-code scanner that emulates a keyboard so that it spits out numbers, i am trying to make it so that i can scan in a large amount of items and then click checkout once to lend them all to one person without having to repeat the checkout procedure over and over, i think i have to do this with a form if im wrong i apologise for posting in the area of the forum but would still love a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your time.

PS. I have a rapidshare link to a 7zip archive of the database its just over 2mb its over 7mb as anormal zip but cant post it

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In my experience the scanner can be configured to send a tab or carriage return after the scan data. That lets you use the after update event of a form textbox to handle the input. From the sound of it, you'd want to have it create a record for the item, then return focus to the textbox to be ready for another. You can either have the user click a button when finished or create a special barcode they can scan, like "999999" which your code would know how to handle.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:49
I've never worked with scanners, but this sounds like your classic one-to-many scenario. Could you not have a Main Form Record for the person checking out the equipment and then scan the items into Records in a Subform, doing away with the need for re-entering the person's name for each item?

Linq ;0)>

570rm47

Registered User.
Local time
oh yeah thanx for your suggestions
i had pictured a form that i could scan multiple items in to and then use the same macro that was allready used to check the items out to one person i never thought of using a barcode to trigger an event such as checkout it has givven me the idea that maybe each person will have a barcode on a little bussiness card that will check items to them

birdbatoune

Local time
Hi, is it possible for you to repost your file? I am looking into a database to check in and check out items.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom