Link table more than 50 million records (1 Viewer)

adnanhome

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:06
Hi I am using MS Access 2013. I have link table coming from SQL Sever has huge data records more than 50 million. Whenever I run any query it freeze my computer or it takes lot of time. I tried pass through run well if there is no filter on it when you put some criteria it behave same as normal query does. Is it possible to create index via pass through query ?

Is there any best way to handle large data table so I can run my query.

Thanks.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:06
Do you have indexes defined on the SQL Server table columns used in the query criteria?

adnanhome

Registered User.
Local time
Do you have indexes defined on the SQL Server table columns used in the query criteria?
No I didn't but I heard that you can not make index through pass through query.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:06
The index should be permanently in place, not just added when you query the data.

You can add an index to a column using an SQL command or via SQL Server Management Studio.

adnanhome

Registered User.
Local time
The index should be permanently in place, not just added when you query the data.

You can add an index to a column using an SQL command or via SQL Server Management Studio.

I tried to create index through Pass through query and got error mesg.

ODBC failed
[SQL sever]cannot create index on view Table1 because the is not schema bound. (#1939).

adnanhome

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for link. Actually I have virtual table which is basically view. I have to create index on views. Do you know how to do that

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:06
No, that is why I posted the link which describes the only way to create an Index on a View with a sample script at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom