linked table using old location (1 Viewer)

robsant

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:23
I have a bizzare problem.

I have a small access 2013 database, which has only 10 tables

I split the database, to give me a front end and back end. And then I had the problem here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27029455/split-ms-access-database-cant-open-backend

so I fixed it by renaming the .accdc to .accdb

Everything seemed fine, until I tried to change the location of the backend and front end to another pc.

I tried to refresh the linked tables in linked table manager, and I get an error on one linked table only.

'c:\users\xxxxxxxx\documents\TRGMaintDBV1_be.accdc' is not a valid path. make sure the path name is spelled correctly and you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

'xxxxxxx' was the user on the pc I was using originally.

I then tried deleting the linked to the table. then using import access database created a new link to the correct location just for that table. that seemed to work ok, hovering over the link it point to the correct location. and the new .accdb file. However when I double click to the access the table I get the same error above. and link table manager above gives the same error.

There must be something stored somewhere else in the registry or settings that is causing this one table link to keep holding link info to the old link.....

Any ideas? I am pulling my hair out!

Thanks,

Rob

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:23
A couple of things...

Make sure Name AutoCorrect is unchecked
Compact and Repair

If the above does not work. Try importing everything into a new database container. Oh, I would make a back up first.

robsant

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:23
thanks! that did the trick. imported all tables to a new container, then deleted all links in front end, and created new links to the new container.

all works fine now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom