Long Time A2003/7 Developer Now Using A2016 (1 Viewer)

DittoBird

Local time
Today, 07:45
Hi everyone, I live in Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada.

I began with databases starting with dBase III+ in 1988 and was supposed to work with Oracle at that time, but did not get very far with it. I did do a lot of work with mainly dBase IV and the dot prompt!

I started using MS Access 2 in 1997 when an Oracle Developer at the university where I worked in the facilities department looking after an Off-the-shelf Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) suggested using Access for system administration and running reports. I quickly joined the old usenet comp.databases.ms-access group and learned an awful lot on VBA as well as pass-through queries which allowed me to write native Oracle SQL, including PL/SQL. I worked on that until 2015 when I left my job there. I am now working on implementation of a CMMS again in a new job and am anticipating an Oracle back end.

To that end (ha!), I am familiarizing myself with A2016 and have A2020 available. I'm looking forward to learning both new things and better ways of doing things here. Very familiar with DAO, never learned ADO because there was some issue with reports I seem to recall.

From 1997, I've used A2003 and the Jet - I guess now Ace - database for off work hobby related things.

I am part of a couple of other on-line communities using this same user name, which is the name of a beloved 23 year old African Grey parrot that has been a part of my family for 19 years.

All the best,
--
Tim

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:15
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:15
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

DittoBird

Local time
Today, 07:45
This site is useless. Three times I've taken the time to try respond to help or explain a situation more closely and it gets labelled as spam. Disgusted.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:15
I've never seen a report of that, somebody normally has to label a post as Spam, it's not automatic.
Where you posting links? That is normally disabled until you have 10 posts to prevent spammers and bots.

Perhaps a Moderator can have a look?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:15
I guarantee you that I have not ever interacted with any of your posts, and particularly have not done a "Spam" resolution (which for this forum IS a moderator decision).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom