Looking for a home office chair (1 Viewer)

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
I spend a lot of time sitting in a chair at the desk and am looking to replace my task chair at home.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommedations on chairs and online places to buy them?

There's one at Best Buy that I've read quite a few positive reviews online - AK Designs Octane One. The armrests can pivot left and right, to allow for positioning of arms if you've got a mouse placed to the side. But they did tend to move too easily when I tried the chair out.

Staples has a two chairs that seems pretty comfortable
- Lane eXtreme Tech Chair
- Staples®/Sealy® Posturepedic™ Geneva
I could be wrong, but I think only the Sealy has a locking back, which comes in handy when working on the computer so that the chair is supporting me and I'm trying to keep the chair from leaning back.

I can't think of any other stores in my area to visit and try chairs out. There are a LOT of online stores, but I find it hard to bring myself to buy a chair that I haven't personally sat in. Not unless I can find some respectible information on the chair itself or was a major brand. For the most part as far as I have been able to find, only high-end chairs tend to be scrutinized by major websites. I could go by reviews on Amazon.com, but I think that people are more likely to review something that they've had problems with.

There is one high-end chair that I am seriously considering - Steelcase Think. I've never spent that much on a chair before, but considering it took less than 2 years for my current chair to have flat seat and the warranty on Steelcase chairs seems to be a great deal (see here).

Does anyone have any experience only a Steelcase chair or another high-end chair (e.g. Herman Miller, Humanscale, others)? Are these chairs worth forking out that kind of money? Is it a case of you get what you pay for, or paying for a brand-name and aesthetics?

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 16:20
Perhaps this Chair-minator model is agressive enough for your business needs...

Last edited:

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
on a serious note. stay away from executive chairs.... all they do is make u sleepy

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
If you got the money (up to 1000$) you can look for a place where they sell chairs made exactly for you. They take your measures and your weight and ask if you have any knees, back or neck problems and they offer you the chair that fits you perfectly.
When I have enough money, that's what I'll do.

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Today, 11:20
Tank Chair is soooooo cool. I can't help but picture myself spinning on a user as they walk in the door with yet another (no such thing as stupid) question.

Just worried about my carbon footprint if I got one. Would it be petrol or electric (ex coal fired powerstation)?

Still if I sell the SUV I think I can justifiy one, and the rush of taking on old people in scotters on their own turf, wow the thrills.....

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 16:20
Tank Chair is soooooo cool. I can't help but picture myself spinning on a user as they walk in the door with yet another (no such thing as stupid) question.

Just worried about my carbon footprint if I got one. Would it be petrol or electric (ex coal fired powerstation)?

Still if I sell the SUV I think I can justifiy one, and the rush of taking on old people in scotters on their own turf, wow the thrills.....

According to BillyBob the redneck its dual power - Jack Daniels Whiskey or Budweiser beer:eek:

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
I really like the tank chair. I wonder if I can get my boss to cough up the cash to get me one. I could use it when I am out in the warehouse fixing stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom