Lost Data (1 Viewer)

Keith

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:35
Opened my application this morning and all the data has disappeared from one table only but the table structure is still there. Spooky. Anyone else had this problem?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
are you sure a filter has not been applied to the table which returns nothing? check at the bottom in the navigation bar.

or in table design right click and open properties

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:35
"From one table only"... implying that other tables are intact?

Copy the file (for backup purposes).

Then try doing a compact & repair on it.

If that doesn't work, try to import the table from the backup copy including data, not just structure, to see if it is the GUI or the internals that are hosed.

Keith

Registered User.
Local time
Cj, There is no filter.

Doc man, the other 40 tables were un affected. I imported the table from a backup, after a compact & repair that you suggested had no effect, and every thing is ok.

I was just puzzled how just the data from one table dissapeared.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:35
I've seen it before, and every time I have, it was because I forgot that I had code to clear out a temporary table before using it for something. Which comes out to me being both fat-fingered and forgetful. By any chance is this table re-loaded by something else in your database and can that something else silently fail?

Keith

Registered User.
Local time
The table is not re-loaded by anything else. Delving further it apears that access crashed and the user canceled the mesage asking where to save the db to. Not fat fingers but stupid fingers.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:35
Delving further it apears that access crashed and the user canceled the mesage asking where to save the db to. Not fat fingers but stupid fingers.

If you give the users the opportunity to trash it they eventually will.

Your database is not split then? Perhaps the problem was caused by multiple users in the same database? If so then the fault is wholly the developer's, not the users'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom