Macro Issue Between Access Versions (1 Viewer)

ErinL

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:36
Hi everyone -

I have a .mdb database that is suddenly having issues running macros.

Users of this database are on two different versions of Access (2007 and 2010). Everything was running fine for users in both versions until a couple days ago. Now, users with 2007 cannot run the macro and users with 2010 can. 2007 users are seeing the "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem error.." message.

The problem appears to be with the OpenReport events in the macro. I have the View property set to Print so that it automatically prints the reports without actually opening them. There has always been a yellow triangle to the left of these events but the macro worked anyway. Now it seems to be creating an issue. If I change the View property to Print Preview I don't get an error but, of course, the report opens and this isn't what I want.

I have done some research and believe that this has something to do with the different version usage but I don't know what happened to spark this issue since having different versions is not a new situation. I am hoping someone here will have a solution for me.

Also, I have tried the /decompile and it has not solved the problem. My next step today is going to be to create a new database using a PC with 2007 (I have 2010 on mine) and importing all objects to this new database to see if that solves the problem but, even if it does, I don't know if this will be a long-term solution.

Thank you for your time and I would appreciate any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom