Make order in relationships (1 Viewer)

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:44
Hi Guys,

is there any button to place properly all tables in Access relationships window?

Sometimes when i open i have very big mess there:

Screenshot_37.png

Please help,
Jacek

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Don't think so. When you rearrange and close the window, it should ask if you want to save the layout. That's about it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
It reminds me of my bedroom as a teenager... everything stayed where I dropped it or dragged it until I picked it up and moved it again. And I have never managed to figure out how to programmatically move those items either.

Looks like the Lebans article from Majp at least takes a whack at it. Give that a read.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:44
You could try Stephen Lebans solution in conjunction with this from Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/AppRelReport.html

Of course its better to try and keep it tidy rather than clear up once it becomes unmanageable 😉
I normally shrink each form to a very small rectangle just showing the fields with links

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:44
If you have SQL server available, you could upsize the database and use the diagramming tool there. You can have multiple diagrams per database so sometimes it makes sense to organize a large schema by function. The diagram window shows you page breaks and you can change the size of the diagrams. For gross layout, you can work with the diagram at 25% so you can move tables around very easily. Then to refine the layout, go as close to full size as you need.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:44
The only way I have found besides moving them yourself is clearing the windows, do not break the relationships, and then click All Relationships. Note, it just makes them all line up, there is no real order to them but at least they are not overlapping each other.

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Guys!

Oh it is a lot of tests to clear this up !

Best,
Jacek

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
Oh it is a lot of tests to clear this up !

Sadly, anything that is worth doing usually isn't that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom