Make table query and then using export specs to export the table to text file. (1 Viewer)

spet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:50
Hello, I have a make table query that I then created a specification to export it to a text file. Some of the fields contain decimal places, but the business I am creating the text file for would like to elimanate all decimals and right align the numeric values. Thank you in advance!

Example:
My table data consists of:

Field1 Field2
14.25 .25

My text file specifications show

Field1 (Position1-5) (Length 5) (Type S9v999)
Field 2 (Position 6 -11) (Length 6) (Type S99v9999)

This is what I would like my text file to look like after output, but I can't figure out how to right align the fields or remove decimals?

1425 25

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:50
Hi. The forum software probable stripped out extra spaces from your post, so it's hard to decipher what you were trying to convey. You could either use code tags or post a screenshot of what you want instead to help explain it better. Cheers!

spet

Registered User.
Local time
I will represent my blank spaces in the expected output of the text file with S, so I would like my output to be. Field 1 pulling from my table as 14.25 and Field 2 pulling from the table as .25. I hope this makes sense?
S1425SSSS25

spet

Registered User.
Local time
I will just multiply my fields by 10 in my make table query. Still not sure how to get a spaces in front of these during the output to text file.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I will just multiply my fields by 10 in my make table query. Still not sure how to get a spaces in front of these during the output to text file.
You have a few options like Format(), String(), or a literal string like "00000" that you can use to concatenate with your data. For example, with a fixed width of 6.
Code:
Format([FieldName]*10,"000000")
Hope that helps...

spet

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much theDBguy! Worked like a charm, exactly what I as looking for.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you so much theDBguy! Worked like a charm, exactly what I as looking for.
Hi. You're welcome. Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom