Mask vs Corona virus. Wear or Not. (1 Viewer)

Sun_Force

Local time
Today, 19:43
Love it when the left melts down and runs off. What next the F-bomb?
I'm neither left nor right. I'm a foreigner who doesn't care who sits on that chair and also sees your ways strange.
Moreover it's kind of pointless to try to prove my view. When nobody listens being silent is the only way left.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:43
I'm neither left nor right. I'm a foreigner who doesn't care who sits on that chair and also sees your ways strange.
Moreover it's kind of pointless to try to prove my view. When nobody listens being silent is the only way left.
You have to effectively articulate your point, we're not debating soy milk here.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
I think with all these sorts of things, hindsight gives 20:20 vision. Every path seems obvious once you look back in time. But it is much harder to know what to do beforehand. The concept of the wheel seemed obvious, after it was invented!

In any case, all these arguments are going to be a mute point. The vaccines are coming and soon!

I did have a thought about the future though. With all the international travel, increasing population densities and congestion, future pathogens will spread even more rapidly. If Covid 19 is here to stay on a seasonal basis, what happens in 30 years time, when we have had another couple of pandemics? We will have colds + flu + Covid + pan1 + pan2 and so on to content with. Maybe masks will be an everyday thing in the future, where no one can go in a public place without a mask. It sounds apocalyptic but it is plausible.

Our saviour might be AI, that invents solutions for the common cold, flu and so on. Throw in a bit of gene editing with CRIPSER-case9 and we will all be saved!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 06:43
There have been many interesting articles that point to that fact. Society will pretty much never be the same. For countries in Asia, they already wore masks when sick out of courtesy for others. We can learn a lot about decent things to do to protect others around us.

I can't seem to remove the quote box as the reply box is keeping my previous reply. Is this a bug in the forum software?

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I can't seem to remove the quote box as the reply box is keeping my previous reply. Is this a bug in the forum software?
Not 100% sure what you mean. Can you do a screenshot?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I personally think the Democrats last 2 candidates have been terrible. Whatever you think of Trump, I think HIllary was so unlikeable and Joe is too old, corrupt and suffering cognitive decline. I would have much preferred to see someone like Tulsi Gabbard. I don't know enough about her politics, but on the Joe Rogan podcast, I thought she came across as smart, likeable, and quite believable. Yet I understand she didn't do so well in the primaries, and wasn't she excluded from the DNC convention?

Vassago

Local time
I think both Trump AND Biden are suffering from cognitive issues. The evidence is there. We definitely need younger candidates.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I personally think Trump is very sharp. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Sadly, I know a lot about dementia. I think Biden has the early stages. Trump is showing no signs of it, based on my experience. It is a disease I wouldn't wish on anyone, be they my political opposition or enemy. The sooner they find a cure, the better.

I don't particularly like it when Biden's evident decline is displayed, but I also understand that politics is a blood sport. Nearly anything goes.

Vassago

Local time
I personally think Trump is very sharp. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
Really? The rambling and seeking to get lost on his topics? Misidentifying people in public? Replacing words with the incorrect words? All early signs of early stage dementia.

Vassago

Local time
I do too, and I see my relatives in both of them.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How much experience do you have with dementia?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Really? The rambling and seeking to get lost on his topics? Misidentifying people in public? Replacing words with the incorrect words? All early signs of early stage dementia.
What rambling? What people? What words? Do you have video examples? Occasionally, misidentifying people when you meet thousands of people does not mean you have dementia. Using the occasional incorrect word when you are constantly speaking is not dementia.

Slurring your words, frequent mistakes of the above and a confused look are potential signs. I see it in Biden. It is like a vacant look.

Vassago

Local time
Enough, trust me. You don't have to question my experiences and I don't have to not want to explain because it's painful for me. I was given the information on what to look for and I just keep seeing the signs in Trump's behavior. That's enough to bring it to the surface for me.

Vassago

Local time
Google the articles. There are enough that give the examples.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, just to reiterate. I see zero signs with Trump. I have watched hours of footage and I see nothing at all that remotely suggests dementia. However, if you look at something like CNN, they with put together a montage of gaffs to push a false fact pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom