Mask vs Corona virus. Wear or Not. (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:05
The issue of whether to wear a mask or not, is a legitimate question. But this question has hijacked by much of the media to spread fear. This concern was recently expressed by Kirstie Alley -->> Kirstie Alley slams CNN in pandemic feud: 'This how fake information spreads'. Ms. Alley's theme is that CNN suppresses valid news, such as the disclosures of Mr. Bobulinski in favor of inciting public fear.

My editorial add-on. Biden on the campaign trail (falsely) claims that Trump has done nothing to gain control over the virus. CNN, to enhance those false claims by Biden, pushes the mask related fear hysteria. This is simply another unfortunate case of the media selectively pushing a theme to damage the Trump campaign. Wearing a mask is appropriate, but that rationale has been hijacked by the media to tilt the election in Biden's favor. A very nasty abuse of the news by much of the media.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Well, the media and the majority of medical experts including those on infectious disease.

Vassago

Local time
What has Trump done to get the virus under control, in your opinion?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
He started to immediately mobilize resources such as mobile hospitals, immigration controls, and implementing the development of anti-virus vaccine. Trump started acting around Feb. 1, 2020 and the Democrats did not wake-up to this problem until late March. In the meantime, Democrats wasted valuable time on a phony impeachment effort that failed.

Conversely, Biden/Pelosi initially said nothing to see here (until late March) and condemned Trumps actions instead of supporting them.

Next there is the issue of the federal level and the state level. Trump has limited authority to act in many respects. A lot of the implementation has to be done at the State level. Note that Cuomo exacerbated the deaths by sending infected elderly people back into nursing homes. Many of the Democratic governors are still keeping their states shut-down. The failures of the Democratic governors in managing the virus in their states cannot be attributed to Trump.

Also, don't forget that initial response to any crises tends to be chaotic. It takes a while to figure out a strategy. Look at the number of times the "experts" changed their minds on the efficacy of wearing a mask. The changing evolving recommendations of "experts" should not be used as "hammer" for political gain. What was "true" yesterday may not be "true" tomorrow as "experts" learn more. Not to also mention that it is "easy" to criticize and find fault after-the-fact.

Below is an example where Trump was blamed for failing to follow changing "science", but Biden was given a pass.
Sometimes it takes a bit of time before partisan points surface that demonstrate that the debates are blatantly anti-Trump. On Tucker Carlson tonight Tucker played a clip where the moderator (Kristen Welker) pointed out that Trump had made a derogatory comment concerning Dr. Fauci and asked him to explain. Fair enough.
  • It turns out that both Biden and Harris also made derogatory remarks concerning Dr. Fauci. These illustrative clips were shown on Tucker's show. How come the moderator never pointed out to Biden his derogatory remarks and asked him to explain?
  • The video clips Tucker showed, since they spanned several months, had Dr. Fauci making inconsistent statements: like wear a mask, don't wear a mask. I don't have a problem with those types of inconsistent statements since how we approach the virus changes over time as we learn more. What I do have a problem with, is that Biden insincerously claims to strictly follow "the science" and used that "hammer" to vilify Trump, by saying that Trump has not been following "the science" and is therefore unfit to be re-elected. Seems that it is Biden, by misusing facts is the one unfit to be elected.

Trump has noted that Biden is only weakly proposing to copy what Trump has implemented already. From what I have seen Biden has no actual plan. In fact Biden said he would shut-down the economy, based on science. Well the virus is spiking again and Europe has implemented new shutdowns. By implication, that means Biden, should he win, will shutdown the economy again. Can we stand it?

@Vassago please explain what Biden could have done better.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Well, the media and the majority of medical experts including those on infectious disease.
That is not a response to my post, as I was not questioning that concern. This is no longer about what the medical experts say, but about the media hijacking the mask narrative as a means of "endorsing" Biden.

Vassago

Local time
I'm not reading a book report attacking Democrats. Why is it that any time anyone says Trump didn't do something well, all his defenders want to do is attack the other party?
That wasn't the question. If you could try responding without mentioning Democrats, it would he an interesting read.

And FOR THE LAST F**KING TIME... I'M NOT A BIDEN SUPPORTER! I don't like Democrats any more than Republicans. To hell with explaining what he would have done better. I can't and wouldn't want to.

Most every country out there did better than we did. As a whole with this stupid fight between the two parties, we don't get a damn thing done right. Trump and Biden are both abysmal for the country and the parties backing them can die off already. We need people to think for themselves again instead of everyone voting for who sucks the least.

Sun_Force

Local time
Today, 13:05
But this question has hijacked by much of the media to spread fear.
I already said it in my first post. You're not afraid enough. That's why you have the first figures in death and infection. Trump started his move against Corona with nonsense tweets. It will be over in a week or two. Really? Anyone's asking him why it's not over yet?
One of the most phrases I hear is "That was to stop a social panic".
All the countries I know, made their people to know how infectious and dangerous it may be. They made sure people are afraid enough to take care.
Trump stopped the panic, and is facing 24k death, 9 million infections. Korea tried to be sure everybody knows it's not a game, and has only 468 deaths.
And you asking what he could do? Are you serious?

please explain what Biden could have done better.
You're not listening. I already told you.

Just look at what the leaders of the countries with better situation have done for their people. They have more populated cities than NYC or LA, with more population density, yet very low death infections. Korea has 468 death and was the second country to announce the infection.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
You're not listening. I already told you.

Just look at what the leaders of the countries with better situation have done for their people. They have more populated cities than NYC or LA, with more population density, yet very low death infections. Korea has 468 death and was the second country to announce the infection.

Citing statistics says nothing about what is being done "better". Only that a number of people have died.

Sun_Force

Local time
Citing statistics says nothing about what is being done "better". Only that a number of people have died.
I fail to understand what you mean.
Doesn't less dead, less infection mean better strategy against the enemy?

If the result doesn't count then what does count?

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I fail to understand what you mean.
Doesn't less dead, less infection mean better strategy against the enemy?

If the result doesn't count then what does count?
Results count, but getting better results means explaining how you get the better results. So what would Biden do that is better than what Trump has done and continues to do.

Sun_Force

Local time
Results count, but getting better results means explaining how you get the better results. So what would Biden do that is better than what Trump has done and continues to do.
I'm not talking about Trump vs Biden. I'm talking about US vs World.
US had a poor outcome because of a poor policy against Covid. Was it Trump or Biden's fault? Who was in power? What I know is US have more than 24K death and you are still fighting over Trump is wrong or Biden is wrong. Too many lost lives and nobody cares.

These 24K dead is the result of Trump's poor decisions. Because he was and is the-man-in-power. I don't know what would had happened IF, again IF Biden was in power or if his policy was better. Or IF he wins the election he shows any better results or not.
But even if Biden does worst, or the same, it doesn't mean Trump's decisions were correct.

How can you close your eyes on the current results and blame Biden for his solution wouldn't do better?
Does Biden's solution/policy being wrong, makes Trump's any better?

Last edited:

Vassago

Local time
Trump supporters can't. All they can do is attack the other party and candidate when you question what Trump did right.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:05
Trump supporters can't. All they can do is attack the other party and candidate when you question what Trump did right.
Steve answered the question, the Biden supporters refuse to acknowledge it.

He started to immediately mobilize resources such as mobile hospitals, immigration controls, and implementing the development of anti-virus vaccine. Trump started acting around Feb. 1, 2020 and the Democrats did not wake-up to this problem until late March. In the meantime, Democrats wasted valuable time on a phony impeachment effort that failed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I can't resist an answer to this one.

The only things that actually CAN be done, without ruining the entire nation economically for the next lifetime.
  • Pushed the heck out of the vaccine race, as we well know beyond anything Democrats would have ever done, because the main strategy available was to eliminate a lot of regulations and pare it down to the bare minimum clinical trials. I'd guess if we had a Democrat instead of Trump, the vaccine would still be 2-3 years away. Of course, he also pumped billions into it.
  • Shipped tons of resources where they were needed.
  • Travel bans
  • Refuses to let people go so draconian in their responses such as to make 1 unit of harm become 3 units of harm
  • Keeps enough of a focus on the source of the virus (China) to support the long term benefits of this--because if we're smart, we're already thinking to ourselves, "This may happen again, how do we prevent rogue labs from nations who could care less"

The better question is, what in the world would Biden do that hasn't already been done!??? He claims he will "crush" and "shut down" the virus. That sounds even more stupid than when Trump said it would disappear. Because at least Trump was technically correct-the virus will disappear some day.

How will Biden "crush" the virus in any new way? A duel? Boxing match? So retarded.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Does Biden's solution/policy being wrong, makes Trump's any better?
Yes. It does.

Because the only thing all of this talk comes down to is who to vote for, practically speaking, it's our only influence.

There are only 2 people on the ballot for president, unless you want to write-in Big Bird, or vote for Jo Jorgenson.

Sun_Force

Local time
Steve answered the question, the Biden supporters refuse to acknowledge it.

I have nothing more to say. You're not listening to the logic. The way I see it, you're obsessed with Trump. People like you have made a God out of him and worshiping him. Now Trump is a religion.
Your country, your ways. I'm only glad that I'm not there.
I hope you find a way out of this mess and somehow stop the virus.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I have nothing more to say. You're not listening to the logic. The way I see it, you're obsessed with Trump. People like you have made a God out of him and worshiping him. Now Trump is a religion.
Your country, your ways. I'm only glad that I'm not there.
I hope you find a way out of this mess and somehow stop the virus.
Love it when the left melts down and runs off. What next the F-bomb?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I hope you find a way out of this mess

Thanks for being honest. When Moderna's vaccine is ready for you, we'll be sure to let you know.

And please, rather than distracting from what your nation did to the world, focus on how to be more careful next time.

Sun_Force

Local time
And please, rather than distracting from what your nation did to the world, focus on how to be more careful next time.

My nation? How do you know my nationality. I never mentioned it.
Never told anything about myself, except that I'm a college student.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom