MDE Reports (1 Viewer)

David Sinclair

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:47
One of the problems with Access 2000 is that when you build a mbe database and distribute it to others custom paper setting revert back to the default for that machine. Does any one have any experience of setting paper size in code for an mde database?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:47
The cause of this bug is the name autocorrect feature. To get rid of the problem -
1. install the latest service pack for office.
2. turn off the name autocorrect options before you make the .mde.

David Sinclair

Registered User.
Local time
Have done as suggested; currently have SP3 on both the development machine and on a second computer. Have turned off the Auto Correction facility under options, created an MDE file, copied it to the second machine and on opening the report the report opens as the default paper size A4.

What I am trying to do is open a report based on paper size, “Envelope DL”, without having the operator change Paper Size at print time.

As a passing comment on the development computer have both Access 2000 and Access 2003. Creating the MDE file under Access 2000 environment.

Am I missing something, any more thoughts?

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You may have to fix the margins one more time after you turn off the name autocorrect options. I don't know at what point the print options get corrupted.

David Sinclair

Registered User.
Local time
There is quit a lot of correspondence about fixes relating to margin problems. Currently I don’t have an issue with margins, it using different paper sizes that I am trying to resolve. I have heard that it can be done using API calls at the time a report is loaded but have not yet come across any one who is able to advise on this. Any thoughts where I maybe able to explore this option?

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think that A2003 includes new features to do this without pain. With earlier versions, I have seen code that does what you need but I don't have any I can point you to. I'm pretty sure that the code example is included in the Access Bible so if you have a good bookstore handy, drop in and search for it.

David Sinclair

Registered User.
Local time
Access 2003 does have the ability to change printer settings in code. Its all very simple, its just that everyone else is using Access 2000.

Thanks for looking into this.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Take a trip to the bookstore and see if you can find the code you need. That's how I chose which books to buy. They need to provide some code solution that I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom