Meet for a Beer! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:32
Chris (CJ London) and myself meet up regularly for a pint and a chat.

We are due another meeting, and we are both free between the 8th and 14th of February.

Exact date & time to be firmed up nearer the time.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Just let me know in this thread and we shall go from there!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, that's a possibility. I can't do the 8th or the 14th but might manage a day in between?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If its in London, I may visit as I want to do some shopping and may do a long weekend. I'm about 45 miles away, 40 mins by train. It all hinges on the wife's situation, she's in a care home so my trips to the smoke are limited.
Col

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:32
As much as it would be interesting to meet some of you. I don't think my wife would justify a 5000 mile plane trip just to a a beer or two. Then of course there is the small issue of not having a passport.:rolleyes:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Well I don't know what happened here! It's now the 14th! I was sat here thinking I need to progress the Oxford meetup I was thinking this was the first day of the window Chris mentioned he was available but just looking at this the 14th is the last day!

Need to pick a new window.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am not available on the 21st of February.

I am not available between 3rd of march and 14th of march.

Currently, any other date will suit.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm available from 14th March, might be able to squeeze a day in earlier but risk cancelling at short notice. So how about day in week commencing 14th March?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
That would probably work for me as well.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just trying to push this forward a bit - how does meeting in Reading work for everyone? Should be fairly straightforward for myself, Unc and Minty to get there by train since we are all west of London. Not aware of anyone else expressing an interest at this point in time - not sure about Colin?

Reading doesn't have the historic pubs/restaurants of Oxford but I'm sure we can find something to suit. Would suggest meet up around midday/1pm and for the sake of argument Wednesday 16th? although at the moment any day that week works for me.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Reading, 16th March, 1pm OK for me too ...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Great - see y'all then.

My train gets in at 12:54 (assuming no leaves on the line:)). Suggest we meet The Three Guineas, just outside the station main entrance?

If anyone else wants to join us - just post here so we know to expect you

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This meet up for a beer is rapidly approaching. I'm bumping it up the list to see if we anyone else would like to to pop along for a swift half...

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:32
Will there be selfies and youtubes of the event for those of us who cant make it?

Harrybrigham

Local time
I live in New Romney Kent. Over the years I have gradually moved away from London, (Where I was born) to get away from the congestion. As I am 88 in April I will not be joining you, much as I would like to.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
If its in London, I may visit as I want to do some shopping
Hi Colin, I would love to meet you, as we have a lot of history, which would make for a very interesting meeting.

The first meetings we arranged were indeed in London. And I recall the first two meetings were very successful.

However on the third meeting with loads of people promising to turn up, it was just me and Chris!

So we decided to have a meeting local to ourselves, not for selfish reasons, but for logistical reasons.

And there, right out of the blue, another term for for a group of MS Access Programmer's!

Anyone going to pick it up for the other Thread??? It might just beat beer!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom