Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window keeps popping up (1 Viewer)

WorkingVBA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:28
I am am not sure if this is the place for this question, but I am not sure where else to go with this.

I have a MS Access VBA database/application which has been running pretty good. However, today, for no real apparent reason the MicrosoftVisual Basic for Applications window keeps popping up. :banghead: This is the application window where you manage your VBA code for MS Access and possibly other MS Office programs, except that there are no menus, just the code frame and two additional side frames one of which is the project explorer. There are no error messages, the program is running fine. I can't think of any reason why it is behaving this way. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 21:28
What do you mean about "window keeps popping up", when you open a form, table, query, run code or when?
Did you try a "Compact and Repair" and restart you computer?

WorkingVBA

Registered User.
Local time
What do you mean about "window keeps popping up", when you open a form, table, query, run code or when?
Did you try a "Compact and Repair" and restart you computer?

Thanks JHB for your response. The curious thing is that we have not been able to determine what user action causes the window to open. Like I described above it looks like the VBA editing window except without any of the tools or menus. No code is highlighted as far as we have been able to tell and we get no error messages.

It seems that it happens more often after the user locks their computer and then log in upon their return. I will try your suggestion to "Compact and Repair" tomorrow and let you know if that changes anything. The rebooting will already have been done :)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Another solution could be to import all into a new created database.
Or maybe a compile/decompile could also be an solution.
Google decompile+MS-Access, then a lot of information how to do that would appear, (remember to take a backup of you database before).
And if the database hasn't to many fancy things, an conversion to an older database version, could also do wonder, but you need to have the old version of MS-Access installed - open the database in the old version, make a little change - move a control or so, save it and then convert it back to the newer version of MS-Access.
For now I'm out of ideas. :)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
I forgot one nearby option, convert/save the database as accde file, then the code-window will never open.

WorkingVBA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks JHB,

Well as it turns out, and I am keeping my fingers crossed, the user has not experienced the form opening since she logged in this morning. So I am hoping it was solved by the "did you reboot" suggestion. I am going to keep an eye on things and if the problem refrains from re-appearing I will mark this post solved.

Have a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom