Mind you don't get wet (1 Viewer)

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
further proof that our 'cotton wall' society is being strangulated by our insatiable need to cover our own arses..

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 02:53
further proof that our 'cotton wall' society is being strangulated by our insatiable need to cover our own arses..

I dunno. Making walls out of cotton? Won't they just fall over in the rain and cause even more problems?:D

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
I see - That's what I was kind of thinking. Can you tell by the road number if they are north and south or east and west or anything like that bey the 'A' or the numeric part? Our federal highways are even numbered for east/west and odd for north/south and Have a 'I' in front. So I75 is a federal 'Interstate' highway going north & south.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Don't be silly Ken this is England, we wouldn't want trhe German panzers knowing which way to go.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Did panzers ever make it to the UK?

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Hi Ken

We don't generally navigate using the compass points here. We tend to use Road number and next town name for that.

I could never quite figure how US drivers actually know which way is North or South. Does everyone have a car compass? Ok if the sun's shining but what about in the dark?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
:)
It took a while for the penny to drop, was about to ask for an explanation, but yeah a good win last night, only saw the highlights as I was playing, for want of a better word, bridge.

Nice one Dan.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Hi Ken

We don't generally navigate using the compass points here. We tend to use Road number and next town name for that.

I could never quite figure how US drivers actually know which way is North or South. Does everyone have a car compass? Ok if the sun's shining but what about in the dark?

It's pretty easy actually - If the people are becoming friendlier then you must be going south - :)

('till you hit Tallahassee - :p)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It's pretty easy actually - If the people are becoming friendlier then you must be going south - :)

('till you hit Tallahassee - :p)

Yeah we found that as we headed south from Atlanta. ;)

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Now I'm really hurt, I was expecting only a cold beer, but to miss a whole dinner, now I can't forgive that, that's another one off my christmas card list. ;)

Brian

R

Rich

KenHigg

Local time
Now I'm really hurt, I was expecting only a cold beer, but to miss a whole dinner, now I can't forgive that, that's another one off my christmas card list. ;)

Brian

I can always send you kfc gift card - :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I thought I might see you on the city tour as we went through your area, Buckhead, but you weren't out tending the front, or jogging. :)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom