Missing Users and Permissions in Database Tools Administer (1 Viewer)

nschroeder

nschroeder
Local time
Today, 09:29
I have a .mdb file I administer in Access 2010, and it utilizes user-level security. I read the link at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/what-happened-to-user-level-security-HA010342116.aspx, but on my ribbon in the Database Tools - Administer group, it only has Replication Options and Switchboard Manager. Users and Permissions is missing. I need to add a new user. How do I do that? The existing security procedures work fine for me and I'd just as soon avoid designing a new one. Help would be appreciated.

Keith Tedbury

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:29
In 2010 running a mdb you will find Manage USers & Permissions under file in the ribbon. Select User and Group accounts and a window will open where on the users tab you can add a new user. You will need to make sure you are logged in as a admin user to be able to add a new one. This is also were users can change their passwords and an admin user can clear them.

When you click new a window opens with a name box and a personal ID box, both need filling in. The name is the name that the user will use to login with.

Keith Tedbury

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:29
I forgot to say that when you add a user they will be added to the user group by default. You will need to add them to any other groups you want them to be part of and this done on the same screen and tab in the group membership section.

nschroeder

nschroeder
Local time
Today, 09:29
I know how to administer users. I just couldn't find it.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom