Monday Mornin' (2 Viewers)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Yesterday, 19:23
TessB said:
I can Name that Tune in 6 notes.....
lol

(Everyone here's probably too young or ...on the other side of the pond ... to remember that show.)

I remember that show. I use to watch it when I was little with my grandmother.
"Name that Tune".... :D

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
There's a festival that goes on in my girlfriend's hometown every summer that has a Name That Tune competition. Her family wants to bring me in as their ringer. ;)

You outa do it....

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Yesterday, 18:23
If we make it out to Fort Frances that weekend this summer, we'll go for it. We didn't end up being their last year. :eek:

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
If we make it out to Fort Frances that weekend this summer, we'll go for it. We didn't end up being their last year. :eek:

Sounds like you need to plan a vacation...:D ;)

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
We go out there whenever we can, but it's harder for my girlfriend to take time off of work. We'll already be out there for a wedding in June, so we'll see if we can make it out there at the end of July as well. It's only a 5-6 hour drive.

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
Sorry, Manowar, Heart of Steele from the Kings of Metal Album....

Never heard of 'em, are you sure they were popular here? :confused: :p

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
Never heard of 'em, are you sure they were popular here? :confused: :p

To the metal heads they were. I'm pretty darn sure they toured all over the UK, and Germany...etc....

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
I've heard of Manowar, I just don't know their songs. I'm not much of a metalhead. More of an indie snob. :p

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
I've heard of Manowar, I just don't know their songs. I'm not much of a metalhead. More of an indie snob. :p

indie? Ok, in old people speak..what kind of music is that?

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
It used to mean bands on independant labels, but it's grown to include most non-mainstream bands.

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
It used to mean bands on independant labels, but it's grown to include most non-mainstream bands.

Ok. I think I understand.

I'm into country music now. I still have my metal roots, but enjoy country now. Yeah, I know....I have no clue what happened to me.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
I grew up on country and oldies, so I still have an affection for them. I have a lot of classic country in my record collection. I just can't stand the country they have currently. Give me Hank Williams and George Jones and I'll be happy.

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
I grew up on country and oldies, so I still have an affection for them. I have a lot of classic country in my record collection. I just can't stand the country they have currently. Give me Hank Williams and George Jones and I'll be happy.

I grew up on the old stuff too, like Eddie Rabbit, Kenny Rogers, Hank Williams..etc.

But I now prefer the newer stuff. Like Raskel Flatts, Brooks and Dun, Blake Shelton, Trace Lawrence, Dirst Bently (sp?)...etc...:D

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
*shudders*

Along with my old country stuff, I listen to a lot of alt-country (Sort of a country-rock hybrid). I'm a huge Gram Parsons fan, but I also listen to a lot of Drive-By Truckers, Old 97s, Whiskeytown and Ryan Adams (hence the avatar).

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
*shudders*

Along with my old country stuff, I listen to a lot of alt-country (Sort of a country-rock hybrid). I'm a huge Gram Parsons fan, but I also listen to a lot of Drive-By Truckers, Old 97s, Whiskeytown and Ryan Adams (hence the avatar).

Shudder eh...

well I do still love my Metallica, Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Nickelback, Inccabus, Type O Negative.....:D

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Metallica has a few good songs and NIN are quite good, but the rest really aren't my cup of tea. Nickelback???

My girlfriend and I went to The Strokes show on Friday night and it was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. :D

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
Metallica has a few good songs and NIN are quite good, but the rest really aren't my cup of tea. Nickelback???

My girlfriend and I went to The Strokes show on Friday night and it was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. :D

yeah, did I spell it incorretly? :eek:

The Strokes, never heard of 'em. :confused:

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
I think we may have to stop this conversation now. :p

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
If you knew how much I disliked Nickelback and liked The Strokes, you'd know. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom