Monday Mornin' (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 18:51
My first concert.... Jethro Tull.
Oh god, what a geek I was!
I'm 15.... fairly new to the high school I was attending.
A girl in my Algebra class, Pam, calls me.. out of the BLUE!!!! Says, "We have an extra ticket to Jethro Tull.... want to come?"
I said, "ME????? Why?!?!?!"
I hardly knew this girl. I thought no one even knew me. I was pretty shy back then.
She said, "Because you're nice.... and I thought you might like to go. The ticket is already paid for..... My friend Marty has an extra ticket."
I was totally taken off guard. I don't even think I knew who Jethro Tull WAS!!! (I told you... I was a GEEK!!!) I said, "uh... ok..... I'll go" She said, "Great! Marty will pick you up and we'll all go together."

Well..... I went to the concert, had a great time... you'll never guess what ever happened to Marty.... the guy with the extra ticket.....

I've been married to him for the last 22 years. (LOL.... He's not quite sure what happened to him either.) Pam sang at my wedding.... We've been best friends for 27 years! I've just asked her to go with me to my Actuate training... I'll either go to NJ (and tour Manhattan, NY again which is just 10 miles away) or to Chicago, where she was born.... her choice. Whichever dates work for her.

A whole WEEK with my best friend! My best friend who took me to my first concert... my best friend who introduced me to my husband.... my very best friend in the world.... PAM!
I'm going to start a new thread on best friends. I'm sure others have some best friends they love and would like to share the details. (yeah yeah yeah... I'm sure some of you MARRIED your best friends....)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Oh!!! Does anyone know the song from which MY signature phrase comes?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:51
TessB said:

Eh... let me guess .... the Muppet Show ? :rolleyes: :D

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Rich said:
No she's only got two, I think

fuzzy said:
Two that we are aware of...

Actually, I'm up to three kids now. Morgan, Gabrielle, and Nippy (The infamous hamster from the Mothers day Thread)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
FoFa said:
I was refering to Sel.....

Ahh, you're saying I'm a youngin!! Bless your heart, you sweet li'l dear!!!

statsman

Local time
ColinEssex said:
Maybe it took longer in Canada;) They were working independantly in late 1969 / early 1970 in the UK, their last performance together was on the roof of the Apple building in London.

In fact, only John and Paul played on the 1969 "Ballad of John and Yoko" but it was listed as The Beatles.

Col

I believe the group OFFICIALLY broke up in late 1970. The LP "Let It Be" (which was produced by Phil Spector) was released in time for Xmas 1971 in the UK, but didn't make it out in N. America til mid 1972.
"Let It Be" was the Beatles swan song. It was a collection of all of their half finished, half recorded tracks. Spector was brought over by Alan Klein who was running Apple at the time to try to raise some money for the floundering company so it could go out of business.

PS I'm doing this from memory so perhaps someone can correct any errors.

R

Rich

statsman said:
I believe the group OFFICIALLY broke up in late 1970. The LP "Let It Be" (which was produced by Phil Spector) was released in time for Xmas 1971 in the UK, but didn't make it out in N. America til mid 1972.
"Let It Be" was the Beatles swan song. It was a collection of all of their half finished, half recorded tracks. Spector was brought over by Alan Klein who was running Apple at the time to try to raise some money for the floundering company so it could go out of business.
And it's also said the Macca hated Spector's arrangements of his songs

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:51
TessB said:
Monday morning you look so fine
Friday I got travelin on my mind
First you love me, then you fade away

Sorry... now that song is in my head....
I suppose I'm the only one who's head it popped into reading the Title?

The song didn't pop into my head while I was reading the title, but since I read this post I haven't been able to get rid of it! :mad:

Was that your evil plan all along, to get other people singing it? :D

statsman

Local time
Rich said:

Well, Spector had the "Wall of Sound" thing going. It certainly wasn't anything like a George Martin production, thats for sure.:mad:

By the way, Klein offered the job to George Martin, Paul, John and George. They all turned it down.

Last edited:

statsman

Local time
How about....

If I had a million dollars

I'd be rich

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:51
statsman said:
How about....

I'd be rich

How on earth would you know that Rich has a million dolars ?:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:51
statsman said:
"Let It Be" was the Beatles swan song.

Macca announced that the Beatles were finished on the 10th April 1970. Their final live performance was on the rooftop of the Apple building in Savile Row, London in January 1969.
Largely due to McCartney's efforts, they recorded their final album, Abbey Road in the summer of 1969. The band officially broke up in April 1970, and one month later Let It Be followed as their last commercial album release.
Macca did hate it. He also hated Alan Klein, but was overruled by the other three.

In an interview I saw with George Harrison, he said that although Macca got the stick for breaking up the Beatles - it was actually John who announced in an internal meeting that he wanted to leave the band - this was a total surprise to the others. By then the cracks were big as George hated bossy Macca - John had Yoko everywhere he went, including in the studio, which the others hated.

Col

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:51
TessB said:
Not without cheating. ;)

Good song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom