Monday Mornin' (2 Viewers)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 08:44
Matty said:
If you knew how much I disliked Nickelback and liked The Strokes, you'd know. ;)

Ahhhh, I see.........

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 07:44
Well mostly the "disliked Nickelback" part.

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
Well mostly the "disliked Nickelback" part.

I completely understand. My daughter loves Madonna, and I hate it. She drives me nuts wanting to listen to her CD. It is a collection of her old stuff...*shivers*

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
I completely understand. My daughter loves Madonna, and I hate it. She drives me nuts wanting to listen to her CD. It is a collection of her old stuff...*shivers*
It's perfectly normal, you're just becoming a part of the older generation :eek:

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
It's perfectly normal, you're just becoming a part of the older generation :eek:

OMG!! Don't do that to me. It was hard enough for me to hit 30 last year, and now in a few weeks I hit 31. You're gonna scar me for life Rich.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
My girlfriend and I are the same way. We have similar music tastes, but there's just some artists I just can't stand. She's got those for me too, so we just have to pick and choose when we listen to them. Or just refrain from complaining when they do get played.

statsman

Local time
Rich said:
I've no idea what that feels like:confused: :cool:

Wait til you get to be my age. All music ended in 1971 - the year the Beatles broke up.:)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 14:44
selenau837 said:
how about this one...

"Did you ever know you were my hero.....":

What about this :

kiss my aura dora,
hm it's real angora
would you like some more a ?
right here on the flora ?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:44
statsman said:
Wait til you get to be my age. All music ended in 1971 - the year the Beatles broke up.:)
Maybe it took longer in Canada;) They were working independantly in late 1969 / early 1970 in the UK, their last performance together was on the roof of the Apple building in London.

In fact, only John and Paul played on the 1969 "Ballad of John and Yoko" but it was listed as The Beatles.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:44
If you're doing songs - which song does my signature come from?:D

Col

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Eve of destruction ? Also covered by the Dutch Heideroosjes :cool:

but you haven't guessed mine yet.

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
I've no idea what that feels like:confused: :cool:
Yes, I know Richy boy, you're still just a yougin'. ;)

rak said:
What about this :

kiss my aura dora,
hm it's real angora
would you like some more a ?
right here on the flora ?

I've no idea deary! What is it?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
selenau837 said:
Yes, I know Richy boy, you're still just a yougin'. ;)

I've no idea deary! What is it?

These are some lines form a song called Dynamo Hum, made by Frank Zappa.
I went to a concert yesterday evening in Amsterdam called Zappa plays Zappa. This concert was given by Dweezil Zappa, the son of the late Frank Zappa and his band. Some former members of the old "Mothers of Invention" joined in the concert and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it.

One of the songs played yesterday was the famous Dynamo Hum, that's why I came up with that part of that song. ;)

selenau837

Local time
rak said:
These are some lines form a song called Dynamo Hum, made by Frank Zappa.
I went to a concert yesterday evening in Amsterdam called Zappa plays Zappa. This concert was given by Dweezil Zappa, the son of the late Frank Zappa and his band. Some former members of the old "Mothers of Invention" joined in the concert and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it.

One of the songs played yesterday was the famous Dynamo Hum, that's why I came up with that part of that song. ;)

So, does your wife has the same love of music as you do?

I bet the concert was awsome. I've only been to 2 concerts in my entire life. Kenny Rogers when I was 5 and Perfect Circle when I was 24. I've lead a sheltered life eh...lol

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
OMG!! Don't do that to me. It was hard enough for me to hit 30 last year, and now in a few weeks I hit 31. You're gonna scar me for life Rich.
31 Damn kids!:rolleyes:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
selenau837 said:
I bet the concert was awsome. I've only been to 2 concerts in my entire life. Kenny Rogers when I was 5 and Perfect Circle when I was 24. I've lead a sheltered life eh...lol
Sorry I'm so late getting on this - I have been soooo busy at work....

OMG!!! I have been to so many concerts I can't even count them. When I was in high school, I used to go to a concert every month, sometimes two or more if good bands came. My BF and I have about the same musical tastes - we turn each other on to new music all the time. I turned him on to Incubus and Kings X, he has turned me on to great bass players and jazz players and guitar players. Of course, he is a musician, and is going to school for music, so that would make sense.

And that Perfect Circle show was probably great - the last time I saw them in Rochester probably rates as one of the best shows I have ever seen. The sound was impeccable!!

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom